don't click here

Game Gear Micro

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Pengi, Jun 3, 2020.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I love shmups, that's an awesome collection.

Oh wait, at GG micro size, it would be almost impossible to see the bullets

I guess that's why it comes with a micro Big Window/Wide Gear

2. Pengi

Pengi

3. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

4. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Wow.

I wonder whether this affects the single packs? I ordered a black one from Rakuten via the Buyee proxy service.

EDIT: Looking into it further, the four different coloured micros, the wide gear/big window magnifying glass and the game box pins come in their own separate boxes, and the special display case that comes from Rakuten is empty on purpose. So when ordering this item, you should get 6 or 7 boxes.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  5. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    hope my amazon.co.jp order isnt affected

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I got mine via CD Japan so I guess I'll be unaffected? Will have to see.

7. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    got mine today, the black one. the scaling, bizarrely, doesn't seem to be integer, which would normally be a crushing disappointment to me, but the screen is honestly too small for it to be very noticeable. it's an incredibly cute and charming adorable little toy to celebrate sega's anniversary, and that's all it is

EDIT: size comparison with some things. my real game gear got stolen years ago so had to use a nomad instead lool

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. Pengi

Pengi

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I've done some lookup since, by the way, and it seems I chose my GG Micros to be sent via SAL. Guess which shipping method currently isn't being done by Japan Post to the UK? *sighs*

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Received like two days after launch from Amazon Japan. It's.. I really didn't expect it to be THAT small, but it's called a "Micro" for a damn reason. It's playable, but it strains my eyes too much for it to be worthwhile.

[​IMG]

11. Pengi

Pengi

Can you check whether the time attack contest code still works in Sonic & Tails?

https://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Chaos/Hidden_content#Sonic_.26_Tails_Kattobi_Saisoku_Technique

"Finish the level with a speed rating greater than 700km/h, pause the game when said rating is on-screen and hold [​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG] for a six-digit hexadecimal code."

12. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    This photo took more tries than I care to admit. Little bugger wouldn't focus.

[​IMG]

13. Pengi

Pengi

Thanks!

14. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    For what it's worth, I ordered my set from Rakuten - the four-console, pins and Big Window set. Zenmarket sent everything in one box, which means that they were either smart to wait or I was incredibly lucky.

It's so small. I've beaten Sonic 1 on it and I'm enjoying OutRun, but I have to do it with the Big Window. It's just too small otherwise.

15. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I can't imagine the white GG Aleste Version being playable when it comes out, what with it being a shmup and all.

The cool thing is work is already under way to see what can be done with these Micros - Someone has already loaded all four kernels from the Micros onto a single unit, each activated by holding a different direction on boot. I'm sure eventually this will include the Aleste edition.