don't click here

SEGA AGES is dead

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

We got many ports of DC games last decade, just not under the Sega Ages label. The Sonic Adventures (even if they were based on SADX and SA2B), Rez, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass Fishing, the Shenmues, the second Space Channel 5. So DC ports aren't that farfetched.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Swifthom

Swifthom

A Friend Remembers... Member
    Shame, it had just started providing some interesting games after starting with the ones that had already been ported again and again.
    This is ridiculous though SEGA - now when the urge takes you you'll start again and we'll have Sonic 1 (but not Taxman version probably, boo) Golden Axe and Altered Beast ALL OVER AGAIN.

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Honestly the biggest re-release thing they've done relatively recently that I want is that AM2 collection. While I still have my 360 and PS3 set up, I really want them on PC instead...

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I feel that this is what should have been done instead of the emulation-based* Switch SEGA Ages lineup.

I mean, were the extras in Sonic 1, 2, etc, really worth the wait for their release as individual titles? Perhaps just releasing everything in bulk through the Nintendo Online service would have worked better this time.

(*Actual ports such as Virtua Racing would still be fine as standalone releases)

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'm disappointed this line ended so early and didn't get to bulk up into some level of impressive catalog for the Switch. I mean it's still better than the Wii U's SEGA line outside Japan I guess but still. Hopefully they'll still get M2 to provide some sort of other rerelease chain.

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    If Sega would release a Saturn, DC or early third party collection I'd swoop it up so fast.

A Saturn one would be choice. Shove NiGHTS, Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes, Daytona, Fighters Megamix and then shit idk Sonic R or 3D Blast on it and that's a purchase. Come on, get it together!

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    You forgot PD Saga...

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I didn't list any PD games since the first one just got a remake and the sequel was (last I remember) in talks of getting one too, lol.

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    They kinda did that in keepable form already with the Genesis collection.

10. Koutoni

Koutoni

Unfortunately SaaS seems to be all the rage because people don’t seem to realise that cheaper per month !== cheaper overall

11. Glaber

Glaber

SaaS?

IMO I don't see games as a service lasting. Eventually they're going to hat that retro wall where people are going to want to play the old games and then GaaS won't have an answer.

12. Koutoni

Koutoni

SaaS, GaaS, MaaS, all the same thing. Pay for some subscription you used to be able to own a physical copy of and be bound to that specific application’s rules.

13. Glaber

Glaber

Games as a Service I understand, but what's M as a Service or S as a Service for that matter?

14. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Movies presumably

15. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Thanks for the partial translation. I would say games for the G, shows or software for the S, and music, movies (like MuteKi said), or, globally, media for the M.

16. Koutoni

Koutoni

It actually meant Music, but Media works too lol :P

SaaS is pretty well known terminology and is where all those came from, basically things like cloud software (what PhotoShop does now and most mobile apps)

17. Glaber

Glaber

Software as a Service. Why didn't I think of that?

I think it's because I prefer SaaP instead of SaaS