don't click here

"Multiple" new Sonic games planned for 2021

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep. It uses the "Nise Sega Sonic Font" for the Sonic Logo. You can notice how the bottom left part of the S is a bit shorter than it should. It looks like this on the font too.

2. Pandering to people's nostalgia for an old compilation would be very on brand for Sega. Though to be fair I guess Nintendo did just do the exact same thing with Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

3. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    ...not really sure what's funny enough to warrant the XD, but...OK.

Either way, I'm fine with it being fake. "Ultimate Mega Collection" is rather over the top. I mean, would the next compilation after that be "Super Duper Ultra Mega Hyper Collection"?

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Then how about "Good Sonic Collection" and "Bad Sonic Collection"? Does this sound better to you? xD

IT HAD TO BE SAID ...

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The logo was enough to convince me it was fake. And as much as I'd want a new collection, it'd be really empty without Sonic 3.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    oh ffs, I thought he was talking about Yoshi's Island 2. Yes, I meant that one.

Also yes, "leak" is fake as fuck.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Yes you could make a similar logo in Inkscape without too much effort.

Well okay, I was going to prove this by making one myself, but Inkscape decided it was going to arse around with paths and strokes. So I guess it does take effort since it's poorly optimised and badly tested.

8. Pengi

Pengi

All companies should make their back catalogues available on current systems.

9. Frostav

Frostav

Will the Adventure ports still be broken? Or will they break them even further! Who knows!

Granted, I actually liked one of the SA2 HD port's glitches (bright chao) so keep that one please :V

10. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    a new sonic mega collection would be extremely funny because you'd get the "they used ROMs for Mario All-Stars, Nintendo is lazy" praising Sega for literally doing the same thing for the hundredth time (if not worse given that they keep using the PC port for Sonic CD instead of the original one)

but that logo is super fake.

11. I think you misunderstood, and I could've worded it better. I was commenting on the idea that Sega would name a new compilation after a previously released compilation, not as a "part 2" but as a throwback 20 years later. Its 2020 having nostalgia for 2002, who were having nostalgia for the early 90's. Nintendo did the same thing with Super Mario 3D All-Stars, with the name being a throwback to Super Mario All-Stars on SNES.

12. Pengi

Pengi

Sonic Mega Jam.

13. MH MD

MH MD

Being lazy is one thing, being lazy and selling old games for 60$ and for limited time is another thing entirely, SEGA is actually good at pricing so it would be cheap, and for sure wouldn't be limited.

14. Frostav

Frostav

The last thing in the world I'd want would just be some roms thrown into a cheap collection. Nintendo can get away with that because they have a horde of deranged fanboys and the entire gaming industry gives 3D Mario a blowjob for basically existing 3D Mario really is the most overrated series in the history of this entire fucking industry , but SEGA can't get away with shoving SA1 and SA2 (I'm assuming this fake "leak" is about a collection of 3D games because the Genesis games have been ported a million times and wouldn't really be that interesting of a thing to fake a leak about) on a disc and calling it quits. At the very least, they could make a port of SA1 that isn't an absolute travesty (and has SA2 mechanics awkwardly bolted onto it even though they don't actually work in SA1)

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    SorryIdont.png

16. Frostav

Frostav

They're fine, but after 15 years of people trashing the Adventure games yet acting like SM64 is some untouchable perfect holy grail delivered onto us by God himself I'm far too fucking jaded to ever view 3D Mario with anything but bitterness.

That, and it's really fun to go to other places and then say "SM64 sucks ass and your precious Galaxy sucks ass too, I'd rather play Sonic Adventure over either of them" because

a) it's my actual honest opinion, so you can't say I'm just being a trolling contrarian
    b) it makes Nintendrones absolutely lose their fucking minds and it's hilarious

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Why can't Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure both be good games instead of people being bitter to each other?

I know the answer is "it's the internet" but alas.

18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    It's half "it's the internet" and half "it's the mario fandom." When 3D All Stars was announced, any complaints were met with "be happy we're getting these masterpieces at all" and any comparisons to the Crash/Spyro trilogy remakes were met with "who cares those games are total shit lol." It's totally fair to call them out on enabling such anti-consumer behavior at this point.

When it comes to all these rumors about an Adventure remake, I'd *like* to think they'd at least wouldn't be lazy enough to rerelease it as another port, but it's definitely a possibility. They wouldn't have a gigantic defense force and they certainly wouldn't get away with making it limited, though. I'm sure they know this too, which kinda makes me hopeful they'd be incentivized to put more effort into their next big title, regardless of what it is.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  19. Koutoni

Koutoni

I hope they remake the options music just as loud as the original, then again I actually like that song lol - sounds like some sort of late 80s rebellious teenage post-punk/electro song in the original form tbh.

20. Koutoni

Koutoni

This - even if they did zone recycle they could simply do it by reuse old assets which have been never been touched since (S2). And yeah, maybe it’s an relic of the whole jump to 3D in the late 1990s because there was a kind of stigma with 2D platformers if I’m not wrong back then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.