don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Right? Even Super Tails and Super Shadow would have made even slight sense if you count that old Archie issue somewhere between 160 and 180 (Right when Flynn took over and had to start work of unifying the Archie comic lore with the series lore, so that one issue where they combined all the types of Chaos Emeralds into the 7 we've had since Sonic 2. That issue had both Super Shadow and "Turbo Tails." So loose connection, but still a connection). Super Tails and Super Silver though? Unless said figure is a hint towards a future game idk what the connection is (figures have spoiled details before. Remember Generations? Those figure boxes spoiled a ton of levels).

God I know too much stupid Sonic shit from the past lol.

And no, we need the most connected lore ever in a figure box. Burning Blaze, Super Ray, and Sticks... just regular Sticks.

And, yea side nerding, but I love that you still post here from time to time. I just love your art and your art is absolutely an influencing factor in my work.

2. Pengi

Pengi

Toywiz listed some upcoming Jakks Pacific Sonic toys:

https://twitter.com/PlushRoccos/status/1299459664330010624
    https://twitter.com/PlushRoccos/status/1300488244505829377

A few of the more interesting ones include...

2.5 inch figures: Classic Sonic, Moto Bug, Gold Chao

7 inch plush: Cheese

Basic action figures: Mighty with 1 Up Monitor, Modern Super Sonic with Super Ring (other figures also have accessories)

Full listings on the links.

Cheese is a bit of a surprise, but on recent Sonic livestreams Mike Cisneros, who handles merch, said that the Dark Chao plush did very well for them. He also had a very bad poker face whenever there were questions about Tangle and Whisper merch (plush toys etc).

3. Linkabel

Linkabel

Yeah, at this point I'm expecting a GE Entertainment Tangle and Whisper plushes.

4. Pengi

Pengi

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506719279/

Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia Hardcover – June 1, 2021
    by Ian Flynn (Author), SEGA (Author)

Celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog's 30th anniversary with a full-color hardcover historical retrospective that explores nearly every one of the blue speedster's video game appearances!

Dive deep into the extensive lore and exhaustive detail of each game in Sonic's ever-expanding universe--from the beloved SEGA Genesis to the most bleeding-edge video game consoles. This tome leaves no stone unturned, showcasing in-depth looks at the characters, settings, and stories from each exciting installment!

Dark Horse Books and SEGA present the Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-Speed-ia--a must-have volume for any fan of Sonic, young or old!

5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Translation: like 12 or 13 of the more popular games.

6. RDNexus

RDNexus

"This title will be released on June 1, 2021."

Ahh... OK... Nothing to bother about anytime soon.
    Still, I wonder how much lore and detail of Sonic's universe are they really gonna explore.

7. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Not sure if Ian Flynn is the best choice to author a book about 30 years of Sonic canon - if that truly is what the book will be. A good example is the so-called "hooligan" characters that, in 1996, were never intended to be villains, but now it's just accepted that that is who they are due to his prominent re-invention of them in the Archie book. Is Flynn able to separate his own head-canon from the actual canon?

Sonic Team isn't much better. Are we going to pretend like "Two Worlds" and "AU Classic Sonic" were always the case? Are we going to address not just the lore as it was at the time, but how it changed and why? Or is this just going to be a Modern editorialized version of the lore as dictated by 2021 Sonic Team?

I'll probably buy it either way. But I think I'm going to hate it.

8. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I have similar concerns. Flynn is the one who claims that the infamous dual world thing has been in place in the games since Sonic Adventure and was established by Naka, despite Naka interviews indicating that he views the games as taking place in a single world.

9. laughing_sun

laughing_sun

Do you know where/how/when Flynn made this claim? I'd like to research it more. Depending on the context it could be true... from a certain point of view, but I'd want to see the original quote/context before I speculate further.

10. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Sorry, don't have a direct link. But a mention of a tweet by Flynn claiming that Iizuka inherited the concept from Naka should be in the timeline thread, a few pages before 34. And no, it doesn't shed any light on the matter, and it goes against Naka's responses when asked about the humans that started appearing after SA1. The explanation he would give wasn't multiple worlds, but (paraphrased) "the action originally took place in islands, but it later moved to metropolises where humans live". Here's an example from a 2011 interview.

11. Pengi

Pengi

Jakks Pacific Q&A, mostly Sonic focused: https://toyhypeusa.com/2020/11/16/ask-jakks-pacific-qa-with-craig-drobis-november-2020/

12. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

[​IMG]
    Some old Japanese ad showing what seems to be a Sonic bag (I think?) and a Sonic figure or render (can't say for certain).

Found the pic in this old Sonic fansite, btw. Haven't been able to find any more info on those.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  13. Pengi

Pengi

14. Prototype

Prototype

Is that figure/render a copy of the one used for CD'S title screen?

Doing the same pose, is it not?

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

16. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Maybe this isn't the most popular request, but if they're so pleased with the sales of the Dark Chao plush then I REALLY hope they release a Hero Chao one. I would die to have that little guy sitting on my desk :ohdear:

18. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    My god, Sonic and Knuckles look like they've been run over, and that Robotnik...I may never sleep again.

• List
  19. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    *heavy breathing*

I know this announcement was made several months ago so I'm pretty late learning about this. Anyone know where we can buy these at a reasonable price? I'm seeing them on Ebay for about $20-$30 which seems high for a 7-inch plush.

20. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

• List