don't click here

Sonic OVA Look-a-like FULL VERSION UNCOVERED!! OST RELEASED TOO!!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Imagine we finally get the OST, it's twice as long as we were expecting, and those unused tracks are even better

There's never been a better time to be alive, actually

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Who even CARES about South Island when the track before it RIPS SO FUCKING HARD THOUGH.

This is godlike I'm losing my mind.

EDIT: Nevermind even that the city track afterward. That's... that's incredible. I'm at a loss for words

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  3. Yuzu

Yuzu

Holy shit this soundtrack really slaps, the unused tracks are RIDICULOUSLY good.

Really can't believe that we finally have a version of it after all this time. I was convinced that we'd never hear a soundtrack version of South Island.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    As soon as the video starts and that track plays just after the Metal Robotnik fight. It's like coming back home, people. This is pretty glorious.

PS: WHAT IS THAT TRACK JUST BEFORE SOUTH ISLAND holy shit team give me amoment here-

5. Nice, this is epic!

Right I apologise for being a noob on this, but is this the band that did Cosmic Eternity on Sonic CD? Sure sounds like it.

EDIT: I realise how stupid that was, as it could have been any number of bands with those 90's rompler workstations. Done a google search (was being lazy), Mitsuhiro Tada

6. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    The entire Sonic OVA soundtrack was done on a Korg M1 as far as I'm aware.

7. Yeah, sounds like it. I have the VST edition, rad machine.

Bugger to program the hardware though, that's why allot of bands just ended up using presets

8. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    Land of Darkness and South Island... I couldn't hold back tears.

It's that feeling from all the years spent envisioning just how good they must sound without sound effects and dialogue and trying fill in the remainder with your imagination.

Then the real track in its all-encompassing glory with full clarity gets unearthed and it exceeds all expectations.

Over 2 decades. Let this all sink in everyone. To me, this is a relic in its own right equivalent to another long awaited prototype.

9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    This is... so beautiful. ;_; Thank you to Illuminor and SAAC for this.

10. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    4:42 - Track 05 (Sonic to the Rescue) reminds me of the ending theme (More Mission) from Fatal Fury Special...

11. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    You sure it's just a Korg M1? I can recognize the piano and organ samples easily but if it was indeed just a Korg M1 then MAD props to the composer.

12. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

This is spectacular, and I desperately hope a clean version of the "vs. Metal Sonic" track is in the near future.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I wish there were a few more of the actual OST songs in this, but it's a pretty excellent collection of music regardless. The new tracks absolutely match the aesthetic of the OVA and are well worth listening to on their own.

14. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Clicking on the YT video in the first post ... I think I nerdgasm'd my coffee all over my keyboard. This is incredible!

One of my favorite things about the OVA was its kick-ass soundtrack, and after many yeas of listening to remakes, and attempted stitching-together / reconstruction efforts, it just feels incredible to hear the real deal.
    (Not a put down at all to all those efforts of course :D )

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  15. Probably just a mix of the popular sound modules from Korg, Roland etc of the era.

I think there's a ton of Time & Space samples (when they used to make sample cds for dance musicans back in the day) on Sonic CD. Although don't quote me on that

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  16. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I'm ready to do a mod of Sonic Mania Plus with Track 09 as the theme for the Metal Sonic fight if nobodies gonna beat me to it ASAP.

17. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    THEY RELEASED MORE?!
    [​IMG]

18. James Smith

James Smith

Have they even released the source files for the tracks yet?

19. Yeah, this is great. Really digging those unreleased ones.

20. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List