don't click here

Sonic and the Dreamcatcher

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Flare, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Flare

Flare

This kinda just started as a silly thing I did in the evening with Construct.

Then... I cleaned it up and thought I'd upload it somewhere for people to play with: https://colorwithau.com/blueballs/

It is only a small stage I know... but thought I'd post it to get any feedback, and if people would like to see it expand?

Goal is simple... collect all the blue balls and find the chaos emerald.

Controls
    Arrow Keys = Rotate stage
    A = Spawn a Knuckles
    S = Collect all the balls
    D = Turn "Goal" blocks into bumpers (so no death?)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lol you're spawning Mightys not Knuckleses :V But I like Mighty better so I'm for it.

3. Flare

Flare

Oh the video is older, the demo does spawn Knuckles... because after spawning 20 odd Mightys, I thought... I am a fool for not using the meme!

4. Flare

Flare

New video...

Demo Update:
    Added music & sound effects
    Added touch controls (touch screen right or left to control)
    Added 2 Sonic Special stages.

https://colorwithau.com/blueballs/

5. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

PURELY for the fun of it, I tried to spawn as many Knuckles as I could, and noticed that they phase fairly easily through the bumpers ... so I thought "hmm, wonder if that means I can push myself out of the level?" - Sure enough, hahaha, it worked.

Not any kind of slam on this thing - it is quite fun... just my love of breaking games at work. :eyebrow:

Actually, that gives me an idea - make an area outside of the map akin to, and kind of an homage the garbled mess you get if you use debug to go out of the S1 special stages.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  6. Flare

Flare

Yeah, I actually did that today! Haha. But.... I kinda like you can do it. Like the game itself is kinda just a fun thing.... so I kept it that way. I do like the idea of falling into something though....

7. Flare

Flare

Expanding on some ideas. The layout won’t always be “Sonic special stage” but I feel in this early test it makes most sense.

8. Flare

Flare

Gearing up for some last additions for SAGE.. nothing game changing but some little effects.

I sadly didn't show badniks that are not linked to spawn a tails key...

[​IMG]
    "Look at all those Eggman Eggmans"