don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. CaveQuest

CaveQuest

Puyo Puyo Sun is the best game ever made! Member
    Mean Bean Tsu Machine
    A project I'm working on...
    This is meant as a tool for Speedrunning Sonic 1

2. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water

Decided to revisit this recently, starting with new music.

The ring counter glitch is still present, as well as a few graphical glitches here and there.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

[​IMG]

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    @E-122-Psi Your sprite work is so good. Seriously this is the 1st Big sprite set I've seen that I don't find appalling. But tbf I don't think Big translates to sprites very well, it's def not an easy task.

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx. I mean I can see why. Big is, well, a big character, so harder to get right in Sonic style (especially since he's not from the classic styled era). I actually had to squash him down a bit so he wouldn't take up too much VRAM.

6. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member

7. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    Recently, my friend Dj. Joker 27 told me about the game Ultracore.

This is just an amazing game!

I was surprised when I found out that it uses the Advanced Z80 Player.
    This sound driver was used in games such as Adventures of Batman and Robin, AWS Pro Moves Soccer, Red Zone, Sub-Terrania, and X-Men for the 32x system.

I thought I added all the music that used this driver to my player. But this was not the case.

The music in this game is so cool! I haven't heard such amazing music in a long time. I really enjoy this OST. I love this music.

I immediately had a desire to add this music to my player.

I spent a few days disassembling the game to rip out the sound driver data.

It was more difficult than with other games. Since it looks like the game was written in the C programming language, and it was difficult for me to navigate the code.

But in the end I was able to do it! I'm so happy that I was able to make this work in my player.

And now I can enjoy this music. :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  8. TheBlad768

TheBlad768

Russia
    I decided to try to port an unused Sega screen from the Red Zone to my hack. Now this screen has problems. I'll fix it later.

Here I just want to show progress.

9. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Everything on Red Zone looks like a tech demo.

10. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    First time making anything with Lua, a display overlay showing collision sensors and some variables, on Gens ReRecording. Still a little rough but you get the idea.
    Kinda intended to fit alongside the gifs and info shown on Physics guide. Still a wip.

https://twitter.com/LapperDev/status/1290278122789773314

11. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member

I posted one or two updates about this in the Pixel Art thread in Creative Works, but I've been working for a long while on an artwork mod for Mania Plus that reworks Mighty's coloring, shading, and animations to make him feel more consistently-on-model and more in-line with the original Mania cast's spritework. I'm getting close to finishing it, so I decided to make a quick comparison video with a voiceover explaining the goals of and motivation behind the project.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

What a huge improvement! I always disliked that Mighty was Sonic-trace in Mania, and this really good above and beyond to fix that. Brilliant work.

Can we expect a similarly extensive set of new stop sprites for Mighty in another few years time?:V

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member

I finished all the Mini Mighty animations for my Mighty Redone sprite mod, so here's a silly video showcasing a bunch of them in gameplay.

15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Soooo cute! O.O

16. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

That Mighty spritework overhaul is really nice! Love how his ears are flapping in the wind when he's running, was that in Chaotix too? I guess I'll have an excuse to finally play the Plus DLC (own it but haven't bothered playing it yet) once you release it.

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    This whole sprite overhaul looks fantastic, once you see how it could be you realise how off the official art decisions were (especially colour wise). Really nice.

18. Gonna be sharing more stuff from this hack soon.

It's gonna be rather extensive, but thing is I'm not the greatest at ASM - I'm more of an arts and crafters guy myself. The ASM modifications seen here are mostly from guides - which i've been sure to note down. Therefore, I am going to, when I have the time, open this project up to y’all to work on.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  19. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    [​IMG]
    On a scale of Sonic in Paynt to Pana Der Hejhog. How good does this level look?

20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Pana Der Hejhog Extended~