don't click here

Abandoning characters from Modern Sonic games

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by raphael_fc, Jul 25, 2020.

What characters would you abandon for good?

1. *None of them*

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Big the Cat

18 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Blaze the Cat

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. Team Chaotix

5 vote(s)
    7.5%
  5. Cream the Rabbit

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  6. The Deadly Six

58 vote(s)
    86.6%
  7. E-123 Omega

12 vote(s)
    17.9%
  8. Rouge the Bat

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  9. Shadow the Hedgehog

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. Silver the Hedgehog

13 vote(s)
    19.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Taylor

Taylor

I think Amy's (mostly) grown out of the annoying kid shtick in favor of being the feminine character, but otherwise yea this. Keep these characters to the spin-offs/comics, if you ask me.

That being said, I'd be fine with having these copies show up in the main game every now and then as fanservice, sorta like Mania Plus with Ray/Mighty.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

The problem isn't the existence of the characters themselves, the problem is the worthless writing that denies them a purpose or place. Either have Silver be around permanently or don't. Either have Knuckles guard the emerald or don't. Let Shadow be able to acknowledge his past because we spent THREE GAMES dwelling on it. Just fucking... commit to telling an actual story or don't. Just commit to anything.
    That being said, the Deadly Six can dry up and float away forever.

3. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    I would honestly just abandon Shadow, I don't believe there's anything that should be done with him story-wise. Also the Deadly Six, but that's a given.

...I'd like to suggest a different ideology for Sonic spin-offs, however, particularly those that have little to no story:
    bring back every dead, one-off, or otherwise unaccessible character lmao
    preferably in order of most popular tho, wouldn't want to get elise over gamma or something