don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Looks like they'll be offloading a bunch of stuff throughout the next few days so keep an eye out on that thread. Maybe add some of the stuff to the Wiki.

2. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I recall a few UK mags back in the day thinking "Death Egg" was the name of the Eggmobile, particularly around the time of S&K. It was even the "correct" answer of a multiple choice question in a competition at one point.

3. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    McLaren Racing has put the SEGA trophy from the European Grand Prix 1993 on display at their headquarters in Woking. First time it's out in the public since they received it!

[​IMG]

4. Pengi

Pengi

I was aware of this mix-up, but I didn't realise that the nature of the mix-up differed between Europe and America.

[​IMG]

The Official Sonic 3 Play Guide (UK), calls the HCZ enemy Blastoid and the CNZ enemy Blaster, just like that region's manual. The Flying Battery Zone enemies are exlcuded, of course. (Oddly, Catakiller, Jr. and Monkey Dude are named "Floating Worms" and "Robo-Monkey" in this book. All the other Badnik names match the manual.)

It's obvious from the aquatic name that Blastoid is the HydroCity Zone enemy. The name Blaster ended up sticking with the Flying Battery enemy into Sonic & Knuckles. So it's the Carnival Night Zone baddie that's unaccounted for.

Does anyone know if the American version of the Sonic 3 Play Guide is any different to the UK version? What does Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Official Super-Sonic Tips for SegaManiacs! have to say on the matter?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

6. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
  7. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Oh, is this the same as last year's Birthday Mix? If it is, these are some great tracks to listen to while grinding rings or Chao Drives in City Escape or whatever...!

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    https://archive.org/details/max-overload-02/page/n21/mode/2up

Currently working its way onto Retro CDN - issue #2 of Max Overload! a short-lived UK video games comic/magazine from 1994. This is their review of Sonic 3.

I don't think they had any decent capturing equipment, so the review is paired with artwork and stock images. None of these screenshots are "new" - they all appear on the back of the US box, but these are clearer versions and help solidify the idea that they're all from the same build - something between our Sonic 3 prototype and the final game.

Perhaps there's something to spot in that special stage?

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Masato Nishimura made some interesting misc tweets back in 2011 that just came up on the Discord today. Quoth from his Twitter:

About Sonic Crackers
    About Sonic CD, specifically how Little Planet's JP theme was apparently meant for R2, a "fast-paced stage":
    These are from 2011 so old and might be known, but I wanted to make sure they were preserved just in case. I'd not heard that bit about Little Planet before.

10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Neat. I know Taxman had used the Little Planet music for Desert Dazzle, but I never knew that music was actually always intended for R2. Hopefully there's still a prototype with R2 intact...

11. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I think I'm out of the loop. Little Planet's theme?

12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    It's the music that plays in the D.A. Garden.

Also, just to make sure my translator isn't going haywire, is Nishimura saying that R2 was an underwater stage? And that it was cut due to time constraints?

13. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I thought of D.A. Garden, but it doesn't sound very fast-paced to me?

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Sounds like a past remix, maybe the other tracks would have sounded more speedy. Just think about stardust speedway.

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Aah, that makes sense. Good thinking.

16. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
  17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yakuza getting in the way of Sonic excellence yet again. Boooo

Well Rush Adventure had a fine soundtrack I guess.

18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Rush Adventure's soundtrack is so good, it absolutely measure up to Rush's imo. So I'm not too heartbroken over this.

19. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Sky babylon alone makes the Rush Adventure OST worth it.

in the tracklist for the CD..

What is this?!

20. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    It's a remix that was featured on True Colors: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog Part 2, as a bonus track. Given that it was a remix done by Ohtani himself, no wonder it got on the new DJ "playlist" album.