don't click here

Dreams Come True - 1988 Tape Demos

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mastered Realm, May 30, 2020.

1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No. The proto drum sample is the exact same one as the final just played at different frequency setting (pitch/speed).

2. Papa Rafi

Papa Rafi

One on one, I wanna play that game toniiight ♪ Oldbie
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Fatherhood, husband...hood and a few mobile apps.

I know it's more to do with being "The Eighteez" than anything, but I'm getting some major 84-86 era New Edition vibes from this demo. I was partially expecting a post-pubescent Ralph Tresvant to start crooning lol.

Anyway, stuff like this never ceases to fascinate me. Even after having produced and composed music for well over a decade, I still get rather amazed at hearing how a song I'm familiar with, started from a such a simple (and distorted, though again..."The Eighteez") bare-bones track. Although this sounds less like a true demo, and more like a complete song made on a rather modest budget — like an album filler cut. It still sounds good, mind you. But even for what it is, the difference between it and the final cut is still a bit....jarring...?

I love being able to hear all this stuff.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And I didn't say otherwise.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    What I mean is both Sonic 1 proto/final Samples come from TR-626, which sounds nothing like that.