don't click here

Saturday Night SRB2 Kart with Sonic Retro!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nova, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
  2. Nova

Nova

Overtaking Rye on Baby Park the instant I was about to get eliminated was my personal highlight this week. Absolutely destroyed

3. Nova

Nova

Double post, but there's some important information for tonight! SRB2 Kart has been updated to version 1.2! If you installed the 32-bit version originally, you can just patch your client and it'll be fine. There are reports it's the same for 64-bit versions, but to avoid any potential issues I would still uninstall your current client and do a clean install of the 1.2 one.

EDIT: You should definitely clean install from a 64-bit client.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  4. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    With a new version of Kart, seems a good of time as any to provide you with RetroKartPack V3!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11iemmaYHAuUt30A604QWbnwxHgnFVP7E

The 3 is for the like... few other things I added in. Some quality of life if you will. (Or maybe lack thereof?) But mainly its to make sure we have addons that don't play too friendly with the last version of Kart.

5. Miles3298

Miles3298

Y'all are some very fun folks to play with. Good games and good times, everyone!

6. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I totally forgot today was Friday. Fuck. I'll make sure to catch the next session.

7. Nova

Nova

Thanks for coming guys! Glad to see people returning week on week and having fun! Hopefully next session will see our server woes sorted and in fact, to that effect I believe Bartman is trying to organize an impromptu session later on today, same time as usual.

8. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    If you guys are still at it by time I get home from work, I'll hop in. Should be home roughly 2.5 hours after you start.

9. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Yeah, we're going to play again, today. Birthday boy (That's me) wants to play Kart. That's what we gonna do. We'll be using the V3 pack I listed earlier. Same time as usual.

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
  11. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
  12. LilShootDawg

LilShootDawg

LSD Member
    Since I haven't seen this posted I might as well link my Pastebin with all the info and downloads for the server. https://pastebin.com/4JEbXhnB

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Edited the topic title seeing as this has been moved to Saturdays.
    booooo, less convenient for me personally :(

14. Nova

Nova

Also update: we have an HTTP downloader now. Jump in the server and it will send you the necessary files, no need to mess around with various packs and updates and guff like that!

15. Koutoni

Koutoni

The first post’s Google Drive link is broken with the character packs (404).

Oh wait, just seen the last post, might want to edit the OP or something.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I have edited the track pack download link on the OP to point to the Pastebin link - the v4 ZIP that's in there is still helpful in that it'll speed up your initial HTTP download considerably.

17. Koutoni

Koutoni

Well that's neat of you, and some good advice, thanks. Mainly pointing it out for those looking to get started really, I would if my only laptop weren’t an XP era netbook from ten+ years ago (unless it runs on XP but I highly doubt it).

18. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Given the technology involved, it just might.

19. Koutoni

Koutoni

Yeah... Wait you might remember me, and it wouldn’t be for anything good either.

We met in 2015 on a now dead forum that I basically single handedly managed to destroy with childish shenanigans, I think you were an admin there.

I remember your site, it was pretty cool, but I really want to refrain from bringing up those times... I’ll PM you so as to not derail the thread at all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Its built off of Doom Legacy and runs fine on Windows XP. Can even jump online with it if you so choose.