don't click here

Streets of Rage 4

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I bought the game, and Christ am I terrible at it. I'm struggling to get past stage 5 in Normal mode.

I clearly am not getting something here. But it's a good game! I'm just not great at it lol.

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Are you using the star moves? I wasn't at first, and the game was damn hard because of it. Became much easier after I realized how to do them. Also you can map star moves to one button in the options, instead of the default two button combo.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know what it was? I didn't understand how the defense/special move thing worked. Once I figured that out things became easier, now I'm on the last level.

4. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  5. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I have to admit, I'm growing ever more impatient of Limited Run Games in recent years.

When they first launched they were quite a 'noble' company, it was literally "Hey we're bringing physical versions out of these games" but when they're gone that's it and they even tried to reject orders from scalpers and duplicate orders.

It wasn't perfect, it had it's major problems especially for very popular releases, but it was the chance you took.

Now though... these collector editions are becoming a bit of a major cash grab, and that embargo on other stores being able to announce they were doing a physical version... Yeah it makes sense from a business side but... Really quite a poor move there on the part of the customer.

/Sits in a chair and grumbles about customer service.

6. Nova

Nova

I don't know if it's been brought up as I don't really want to sift through 17 pages of posts, but can we talk about and appreciate how the soundtrack in this game actually works? Everything is timed up to certain enemies appearing or triggers happening and it's amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Yes, dynamic bgms are pretty cool. I remember being blown away the first time I realized a game I played was using it.

8. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    The developers did a AMA on Reddit earlier. The main points:

• DLC will be happening, but no decisions as to what it will be have been made yet.
    • A balancing patch is coming. Axel in particular is getting buffed and Super Armour is getting toned down.
    • A motorbike stage was planned, but was cut.
    • Team Co-Ops like in SoR1 and 3 were present at one point, but were removed as it caused too many problems in a 3P or 4P game.
    • A present-day Skate doesn't make a cameo in the game as the developers "didn't want to commit to a visual design (like him appearing in a cutscene) without thinking of the his gameplay potential. Because if we show him, people will want him playable, and then he has to be fun, and different from the others."
    • DotEmu currently have 3 unannounced similar projects in development.
    Also, the Storm Collectables Axel figure is now up for pre-order (I'll pass for now as the shipping is a bit much!)

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hmm, curious what "similar" entails. Guessing it means similar like "another sequel to a retro classic", like Windjammers 2, but selfishly I'd love one of those three to be another SEGA property. Also a bit bummed this means DLC won't be on disc for the physical versions, but at least there are physical versions at all.

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Part of me thinks it's Golden Axe.

Due to those toy fair reveals.

Also I got the platinum today... had to grind a lot of stage 4 using Shiva. But... wow. That character is amazingly OP! Even though you can't pick up weapons and access retro stages, he just dominates even mania difficulty.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Not necessarily true - Celeste on Switch got delayed by LRG explicitly so that the last piece of DLC would be on the card.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Finish it and put it back in the game

13. Jason

Jason

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Should be archived for future use, if it's closed that is.

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Is this just a requirement for developing a SOR game?

16. Jason

Jason

Also, the Xbox version of the game received an update that added all the missing filters. Now the retro battles have a proper CRT filter, which looks pretty nice.

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Arcade/fight sticks still don't work :(

18. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    Looks like a balance patch is incoming very soon, some test play here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/642203137

Amongst other things, they've toned down some of the armour on regular punks! Big Ben can now be knocked out of his fire attack for instance.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Can't come soon enough. I'm not remotely interested in playing it until it starts playing like a Streets of Rage game.

20. Got my LGR Classic Edition copy! :D Came with a soundtrack, manual, flyer/poster, LRG card, and a steelbook case. I'm not too fond of steelbooks, but I really hate the cardboard sleeve the soundtrack CD came in. Easy fix, I just put the CD in the steelbook and called it a day. :P

The clamshell is pretty high quality, even better than a Genny/MD clamshell. (Even has a hangtab! lol) The plastic overlay is a bit thinner though. However, the insert is a much thicker paper than a MD insert. The games where a bit tricky to get out, but I found sliding them out rather than plucking them out of the shell much more easier. The case itself is pretty tough to open, but not too difficult.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with the overall quality. I feel as if you accidentally stepped on it, it probably won't break as easy as a regular case. (Please don't though. lol)

Now a couple of things I need to address, one is that I'm so freaking happy I was wrong about the clamshell not having a reversible cover. In fact, I was really hoping I was wrong.

Second, it was a little difficult scanning these, so I had to piece them together. I was right about the clamshell being huge-- darn insert wouldn't fit my scanner! I'm posting up 300dpi images, but if you want bigger ones, PM me.

And yeah, I know these aren't the best scans in terms of quality, but I have an old PC and an old scanner. Oh well, quality is subjective. They probably look better if you crank up the contrast a bit.

Also, it's a bit strange to see a US red spine game, but not a EUR blue one. :eyebrow:

Sizes are approximate:
    13.625 in. Horizontal
    7.375 in. Vertical
    1.5 in. Spine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]