don't click here

Streets of Rage 4

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Also worth noting that it'll be on Xbox Games Pass day 1 for Xbox players. It's going to be a long, long 2 to 4 months for me waiting for the physical copy of this game, maybe even longer with the COVID-19 situation. I don't want to double-dip in order to get it at launch, so I'll just wait and hear what people have to say in the meantime. All signs point to this being a good game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    I did consider the physical version but seeing as I've been wanting 26 years for 4 I'm buying it as soon as it gets uploaded to PSN....

I think they're doing a Limited Edition which they haven't announced the contents for though, I might get that one later on.

Oh and pin badges:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LineageNYC/status/1250838562066620421?s=19

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I'm going to buy digital on Xbox then order the Japanese region physical release for Switch (Bare Knuckle IV Special Edition) to go along with my CIB copies of BK1-3

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Is that not just the Classic Edition that it comes large Genesis style case that houses both the regular game case and a limited edition steelbook? There's no Megadrive variant for Europe unfortunately and the Genesis branding is unique to the PS4 version. The Switch version has Switch branding on the Genesis box, and there's no physical Xbox version at all. Both the Classic Edition and standard version have a reversible sleeve with different art and the title "Bare Knuckle IV". Is there actually going to be a Japanese release where the main branding is Bare Knuckle IV?

5. Xilla

Xilla

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Not with the clamshell case like the Limited Run Classic Edition, no. Just a regular PS4/Switch case. The cover art is probably going to be different though. The tentative image shows just a Bare Knuckle IV logo in colour on a black background.

In regards to the Limited Run version, they've now added a reversible PAL Mega Drive cover to the clamshell (no Japanese MD-style BKIV cover like the regular case cover though, which I'd prefer), and have said the Genesis branding is also on the Switch clamshell cover too, there's just an overlay with Switch branding you can put over it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
  8. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
  9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    [​IMG]
    oof

10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Keep reading the thread - apparently Lizardcube saw this and have actually mailed Koshiro a second Switch so he can play without disrupting his wife's Animal Crossing time! Haha. XD

11. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Yeah that tweet was 4 hours fresh when I posted it. Glad to hear he got to play it, but still. oof

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  13. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    That looks tempting but I'm sure it will sell out in an instant.

14. Xilla

Xilla

I could do with a bit of that....and it IS my birthday on the 4th May.... (copyright Disney)

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Oh look, the artbook in that image shows off
    the final boss

16. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Don't worry, the game tells you right off the bat who are you up against and he quickly make an appearance at the beginning.

17. Xilla

Xilla

It's now up on UK PSN. Downloading now!

18. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    I have very strong opinions.

Something something turn on legacy controls immediately. Something something difficulty spikes. Something something back to the start of a level. Something something INFURIATING POINT/MONEY ITEM PICKUP BUG IF YOU'RE HOLDING A GODDAMN WEAPON.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  20. Xilla

Xilla

So the option to use retro music...

It's nice and all, but there's some......odd choices for certain stages and bosses. (The first boss for instance uses Mr X's SoR2 theme)

Oh.....and the SoR1 tracks? Taken from the 8-BIT version.