don't click here

SEGA launches the Sonic 2020 project, promises to release Sonic news on the 20th of every month

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by DreamsComeBlue, Jan 20, 2020.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Would be nice if we got a full playlist so we would at least know what they played.

2. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    The background scrolled to the left while music played. In the top left corner, it displayed the currently playing music track's title text, with artist text below that, and often with album art below that. Some music tracks didn't play with any associated album art, not sure why. The best I've got are the 37 screenshots linked in the .zip file in one of my posts above, which only show some and not most of music tracks played.

Shit, I'm double-kicking myself now for not trying to record at least some portion of the live stream. I wasn't watching it from the very moment it went live (as I didn't find out about it until some significant time after it went live), so I couldn't have recorded all of it. Nevertheless, I really should have at least recorded video of the Q&A session with Fraps. So sorry about that, I was pretty knackered at the time, and a thing as simple as a Fraps recording completely evaded my mind. I had an opportunity to record the entire Q&A session in video format, and I blew it. Fuck me. :(

As an alternative to the .zip file download, I've also set up a MediaFire folder where the .zip file's contents can be viewed/downloaded individually. (MediaFire screws up alphabetical sorting, so click the up/down arrow button next to the MODIFIED column for better file ordering.)

After doing a quick search, I've found a partial recording of the live stream. Courtesy of YouTube user Team Chaotix of Brazil, there's a YouTube video recording of the live stream which is 11:55:00 in length, albeit in lower quality. Also seems like there is some sort of very delayed audio echo going on in that recording. Unfortunately, that recording doesn't include the live chat from the original live stream.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    And you were right.
    [​IMG]

A "passion" project.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    This excites more more than a SA1 remake would.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    But this has to be sanctioned by Sega....somehow, right? Is this part of the "Sonic 2020" project?

6. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    it explicitly states on the poster that it's unofficial...

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Yes I'm aware of that thanks. Hence the trepidatious tone.

This *is* Sega's "Sonic 2020" project. They may not be paying for it, but they may be allowing it to happen with Ryan and Mark's involvement.

8. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Super cool, how the By the Mania, for the Mania mantra lives on through such projects. Radio drama sounds kinda interesting, too (no pun intended)

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'll just say that at best, SEGA is looking the other way re: Mike Pollock's involvement. This is purely by fans with no official endorsement by SEGA or Sonic Team relating to the Sonic 2020 project.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I'm sure the unnoficial disclaimer is there to dismiss any association with SEGA. So, really, there's 0 chance of this being "Sonic 2020" project.
    Specially because Sonic 2020 was launched by SoJ, not SoA.

And there's this too.

11. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
  12. I have no idea who Emi Jones is, and I don't listen to radio dramas, so I'll pass on that. Neat that this person got Ryan Drummond and Mike Pollock, I guess. Even though I only play Sonic games with the Japanese voices, lol.

13. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Who is Emi Jones? She doesn't even have a Behind the Voice Actor page.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Cause she's not a voice actor, she's a singer.

15. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    If this is not a game announcement, I swear to god. xD

16. BlueSpeedsterYT

BlueSpeedsterYT

Now rendered in full 3D Member
    These events don't usually have big reveals, and with the current pandemic going around... Yeah...

17. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    I read today (not sure where, now) that it's the 15th anniversary of Sonic Channel this year, so I'm GUESSING that's why they're making a big deal about Sonic news in Japan this year, besides next year's general anniversary.

I guess if there's going to be any game news this year, it'll be once social distancing gets more relaxed.

18. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Fine, then how about a classic announcement of an annoucement? >_>

19. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    More importantly, Sega (+Atlus) have joined the New Game+ Expo, so if we have a Sonic game announcement, it'd probably be there.

Coincidentally, it's happening on Sonic's birthday apparently :V

20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    If it's happening on Sonic's birthday, then it's pretty much guaranteed. Another month won't kill us.