don't click here

200+ GB of professional gamedev tutorials released for free

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Powpuck, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Powpuck

Powpuck

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Hot damn. That's a treasure trove!

Feel bad for 3DBuzz though. Got a lot of fond memories of the place.

3. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    Between this and the VVVVVV source being released we're getting a lot of good gamedev resources coming out. It would have been so easy for them to just keep their content stashed away forever, but they didn't, and I have mad respect for them because of that.

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    3DBuzz died when Jason Busby died three years ago, so I can't say I'm shocked, although I was buying content off the site as recently as a year ago- I was curious about a math course from a dedicated 3D/CG source and it finally drilled trigonometry into my head. I think this might be the single most valuable instantaneous media dump in the history of the internet.

Most of this stuff is ancient now, but it's still some of the best instruction out there and provides a solid grounding for just about everything because the software industry moves at a glacial pace. They have a unique didactic approach that I really enjoy, where you've got one point man and 1-2 observers playing the role of the student and backstopping each other for clarity. I watched the F# vid out of curiosity since the dump went up and they were basically just roasting the guy for an hour because he was taking the functional paradigm for granted. They're like an improv comedy troupe sometimes.

5. The sheer size of this download didn't quite dawn on me, and I pretty much killed all of the space on my PC without realizing it. Even worse, the download isn't even finished yet, it's only at 30%!

Good news is, I have an external hard drive that I can use that should have more than enough space. Bad news is, I think that I'm going to have to redo the download from the beginning, because I don't know how to fiddle with the download settings mid-download. At least I can leave it running overnight.

6. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    Anyone else having trouble with the torrents? I've been running both versions linked in the OP of the linked Reddit thread for 2 or 3 days thus far, and both are still reading 0 chunks downloaded when I perform a hash check.

If it matters, my client is ctorrent 1.3.4 running on a 32-bit Debian derivative.

7. vexatious

vexatious

Banned
    Do similar video tutorial archives exist for assembly language 68000 and similar? Please post any college level post graduate tutorial material for assembly 68000, z80, x86 or similar. Did any exist from early to mid 1990's?

Thanks

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
  9. vexatious

vexatious

Banned
    Thanks! Never heard of that page. Couldn't find videos but it's very resourceful! There's even stuff on fourier transform.