don't click here

After (or close to) 15 years, Japan will finally broadcast the un-aired Episodes on Sonic X in 2020.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Nov 12, 2019.

1. 2 quid is good

2 quid is good

Oh my goodness... You've just unlocked a huge childhood memory. This is definitely before citv was it's own channel, I must have been 4 or 5 when this was aired

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    So, bumping this up as a general reminder.

Kids Station will finally premiere Sonic X Series 2 (53 - 78) in Japan on March 25, 2020 at 7:30PM JST. I'm hoping this'll finally mean we'll get proper credits for these episodes (along with a new Opening and Ending, but I feel that information would've been provided already if it was gonna happen).

We'll know in a couple days, regardless. I'm honestly really excited about this, even with everything going on in the world right now.

3. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Sorry for the double post.

I can confirm based off some comments: Yes, there are credits. The wording is odd, but it does sound like there indeed is credits for Sonic X now. I still don't have any recordings in just yet (so can't verify it just yet), but I should be able to post some stuff once we get those in.

4. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    So an update:

Credits are pasted onto the End Card, which apparently was changed for 53+ (is now the end shot of OP 2). However, they did NOT apply the credits to the episodes proper and we're still missing a chunk of credits for 53+. Effectively, the Op/Ed are still textless with song subtitles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These include both the OP and select ED credits. I did notice we're missing the 53+ cast credits in the Ending Credit, so that's a tad concerning how much of the credits are available. Main credits for the episode (Episode Director, Storyboarding, and Writer credits are there), but we're missing Animation Director, Key Animation, In-between, Backgrounds, etc., so that's fun.

EDIT:

Here's a video I uploaded that includes the PV, Sponsor Card, and End Card with the credits.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  5. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    remember when some of you guys wanted to make an english dub of sonic-x a few days after it came out.. what a dumpster fire that became

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh, our job was incredibly shit, doesn't mean the dub was still any good. =P

7. TailsAddict

TailsAddict

BANNED Oldbie
    and thats why it was more awesome than the actual show =P

does it still exist by any chance?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    We only ever did one scene. While I'm sure I've still got it somewhere I can't be arsed looking for it.