don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I was going to say this in response to him but I see you posted it already. Pretty much this.

2. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    According to Penders, some guy from Bioware came to a con to see him but could only talk to his wife or son. Bioware apparently wanted to get in touch with him.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Says Penders, who we should note probably isn't an unbiased party here. Would be nice for some actual third-party proof of that but I doubt that exists.

4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Not to mention that if Bioware actually wanted to contact Penders, I doubt very much they would give up after 1 failed try.

5. Powpuck

Powpuck

I just recalled having read a book with this premise titled Haunted Mesa by Louis L'Amour. It also involves Native Americans. This example is from 1987.

I think they're a yet more parallels than just that, but I'm not well versed in Archie Sonic continuity to say with certainty.

EDIT: Haunted Mesa is footnoted with Weird West which contain some more similar examples, notably HP Lovecraft's The Mound (1940), and even earlier examples in the same sci-fi horror vein (although no convenient synopsis). Haunted Mesa seems to have character archetypes which are found in Penders's work.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
  7. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    not only is he using anthony mackie's likeness but I'm pretty sure he just copy/pasted the exact same traced over face from one of his earlier illustrations from years ago (it's in this topic, somewhere).

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    You know, for someone who goes on about copyright as much as Ken, it's hilarious that he's infringing someone's personality rights.

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    This. The guy is literally creating a legal landmine by publishing this comic.

10. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Bold statement here.

11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    "The guy might be literally creating a legal landmine in the hypothetical scenario that he publishes this comic" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Looks like that cover is copying a whole lot more there as well. Man oh man...

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. BlueSpeedsterYT

BlueSpeedsterYT

Now rendered in full 3D Member
    Did he legit traced his own cover from Archie Sonic for his own comic that will never be released?
    Yes, yes he did.

14. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

The original cover's art wasn't even entirely his, look at the names in the bottom right. He did it jointly with Spaziante and others.

Didn't stop him from shamelessly tracing and riffing it. Can you say irony?

I'm honestly starting to wonder if he's aware of all his hypocrisy and is doing it out of sheer spite.

15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Even still, not a single line of that looks like Penders in the first place. I see Spaz obviously, but I don't see a hint of Pendies anywhere in here except for Julie-Su's weird knees (why does she have realistically-rendered legs and her naked daughter gets sausage-abdomen and twig legs) and maybe Knuckles's creepy oversized pupil.

16. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I hope this man gets sued by many people. Many, many people.

17. BlueSpeedsterYT

BlueSpeedsterYT

Now rendered in full 3D Member
    That is IF he releases his own damn comic, which is most likely never.

18. Again, no matter what that other guy who was working for Penders says, Penders is literally just putting out pieces of his "work" to prove he's still kinda sorta working on things in order to keep his copyright. None of this will ever be released.

19. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Copyright doesn't need to be kept. At most he'd be doing this to keep his trademark, which is something different.

20. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    That might be me, and I said he didn't send me any new material for two years :p