don't click here

Sonic Forces: Speed Battle

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Yep, Movie Sonic is coming to the game.

They specifically call him Teen Sonic, hinting at Baby Sonic also coming.

I wonder how these models will differ from the Facebook AR one. The preview icon shows some slight differences.

2. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    Damnit @Jason when you mentioned it I downloaded it again and now I have slots full of gold chests and I'm suckered into it deep :specialed:

3. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

Goodbye *Mwah* AND GOODNIGHT Member
    I would suspect the Sonic Forces Model for Movie Sonic would be higher quality than the Facebook AR model.

I can't wait for Baby Sonic mods for Sonic Generations/Forces though :eng101:

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    So does that mean you aren't excited for the SA2 mod?

5. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

MainMemory, Baby/Teen Sonic in Rouge/Amy Outfit? I don't think the world is quite ready for that yet :eng101: (I'll be downloading it asap if you do that)

6. Jason

Jason

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    It's the eyes. His pupils are too big, like in Sonic Chronicles.

[​IMG]
    This is common in a lot of weird or bad looking Sonic art. (See: Penders)

8. Hearing of this makes me want to play the game again.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Same. I downloaded it, played like 2 races and was like "Oh yeah, I got bored of this trash". It's not awful or anything, and I totally get its appeal as a little time sink. But I think I've had my fill of the game.

10. Main reason why I stopped playing it was because it got boring quick so let's see how I play it lol.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, exactly. It's fine on its own, but it gets old really fast. The races aren't particularly balanced either, relying on you getting shields or speed ups to win. And you have to grind out so much to level up or unlock characters. It just stops being fun after a while. I know where the appeal in it is though.

12. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    New level! Still no Movie Sonic, but movie enemies.
    I'll make it through
    Prove it to you
    FOLLOW ME :specialed:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  13. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

Yeah I've just recorded my first playthrough of the stage and it's not too bad. It's refreshing to see a new stage after playing so much Green Hill, Sky Sanctuary, Mystic Jungle and the City from Sonic Forces.

14. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    It looks pretty much like City Escape to me, but I suppose at least that's a less common aesthetic than the others, for sure.

15. Pengi

Pengi

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fucking Longclaw? Really? What's next, Jim Carrey Robotnik? Agent Stone? Tom?

Weirdddd but gotta respect the fact that this has more characters than TSR had.

17. Jason

Jason

Longclaw doesn't look like a Sonic character because none of the other birds have wings or claws. Beady eyes and larger bodies are on both Big and Storm. Also that tanooki fella from TSR.

It's still fucking ridiculous that none of the Babylon Rogues (or the Battle Kukus) have wings. It's one of the most important features of birds!

18. Pengi

Pengi

I wouldn't put it down to the wings, or even the claws, per se. This guy has wings and still looks like a Sonic character to me. Ohshima wisely chose to stylise the wing feathers as fingers, the same approach taken with several of the bird enemies in Tails Adventures. Early concept art for Jet the Hawk also took this approach (talons too!), which is far better than the final design, and still very much in the Sonic mould.

With Longclaw I think it's a combination of things - wings that don't have stylised fingers, realistic leg musculature, individually rendered feathers, a realistic colour scheme, gradients, realistic beak, realistic eyes, no shoes, no clothes (for a female character). As you said, Big the Cat breaks convention with his little beady eyes, and still looks like a Sonic character - I think you can get away with breaking one or two of the "rules", but Longclaw's design breaks so many and follows so few that she really stands out. Even within the movie itself, she has a different feel compared to the other inhabitants of Sonic's world we see.
    (Sonic, Tails and the Knuckles Clan.)

19. Jason

Jason

Tikal Time.

It'll be nice to have a new model for her after decades. Was her last model SADX/SA2B, or did she have a Runners model?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think she had a runner's model, but this is cool nonetheless.

The tinfoil hat in me is thinking the timing is suspect. Wonder what Sega's up to? :tinfoil:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020