don't click here

Sonic 30th Anniversary Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Frozen, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    https://sonicworldcollectors.wordpress.com/ cover database
    In 1 year, Sonic will turn 30 and around the web, people are already making rumors and useless things. We all know there is a game for the 30th anniversary, remake of heroes/adventure or generation 2 for the most rumors. But now, we found this:

new render and poster poste on 4chan by an anonimous. Now we dont know exatly the goal of this poster, there is just "Sonic 30th anniversary" and the both sonic's. it's a fake, confirmed already.

But someone have to start the topic at least XD

MOD EDIT: The below image is fan art, see here: https://twitter.com/TBSF_YT/status/1233903166816759808
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Classic Sonic render with the flickies is a recreation of the Mania opening. That's cute.

And I must ask... What's the source here? If you've got news, you have to include the source.

3. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    source posted, forget to do that ç.ç Actually on 4chan it happeared and promise a new 3D sonic game to the sxsw

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    How cool is that? I looked it up, the rumour is that they're making a new collection of sorts. I'm down for that.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness

We're going to see a lot of this crap over the next few weeks.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    no! ;_;

7. Frozen

Frozen

Italy, Rome
    yep it's totally a fake, but i did for start just the topic, at least sooner something will came out XD

8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Changing the subject a bit, but as an editor of Wikipedia one of my goals has been to get the Sonic franchise article to featured status (the site's highest tier of articles, promoted after thorough peer review) so it can be run on the main page on June 23, 2021... and we're almost there! This is how the article looks now, compared to how it looked in October. I've just got two sections to finish up before I submit it for an initial review, then we're on to the featured candidacy forum. I hope you guys enjoy the article; if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

9. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I'll be surprised if they don't postpone or cancel SXSW due to the coronavirus like GDC and everything else seemes to be doing.

10. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    They may not. GalaxyCon Richmond went as normal, with only one coronavirus-related cancellation (just got home an hour ago).

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Please edit the post so that people won't be immediately fooled by it?

EDIT: Thank you, [insert mod name here].

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  12. AsuharaMoon

AsuharaMoon

kakyoin did you lay this egg Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Sonic Rocket, & others
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    (Although this does give me a little bit of hope they won't try for a Generations 3/Forces 2.)

14. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    they're not even that expressive, my first thought was "god I wish they'd change these models" :oldbie:

15. Wildcat

Wildcat

This wouldn’t be the primary Anniversary game but I’d love to get another Gem style collection. I even thought of what it could have.

First of course SegaSonic Arcade. I’ve read it was going to be in Gems but the control wouldn’t match. I’m sure Motion Controls could make a good alternative now.

Next Sonic 4. I’ve actually never played this. I was hoping it would eventually get some kind of physical release. Plus it fits this kind of collection being sort of a side game I guess and stopped after 2 parts.

Also Knuckles Chaotix. Similarly it’s not mainstream and the 32X wasn’t very popular.

I think they could fill it out with other obscure stuff the way Gems included Game Gear games. They could add Sonic Blast and maybe some of those really rare mobile games for novelty sake.

16. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    SegaSonic Arcade, Sonic 4 and Chaotix would be an all-that-glitters-is-not-gold collection, because they are all weak games. I get why people want to play SegaSonic Arcade and Chaotix, because they haven't been widely accessible, but once the novelty wears off the disappointment will set in. They'd be fun as part of a bigger collection, but I don’t think they have enough to them to carry a collection on their own, especially not without being reworked.

I am surprised Sega hasn't done a movie tie in release for this year. Seems like an easy way to make a quick buck.

17. Wildcat

Wildcat

Ya but the games included in Gems were kinda the same difference. Nothing particularly special and didn’t really have replay value except Sonic CD. They were all just there for the novelty.

I keep seeing people say they should have released a movie tie in but considering the delay and redesign I don’t think it would turned out very well. It certainly would have had issues just getting done in time.

Now that it’s been released and well received it makes sense to make something based on the movie.

18. MH MD

MH MD

Last time we had a tie-in game we got sonic boom, if anything i am glad we hadn't one, the movie collabs for the sonic mobile games is enough

19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Recall that the Sonic movie was originally dated for November for last year, upon which Sega did release the Tokyo 2020 Mario and Sonic game at the beginning of the month. Had it stuck to the original date (albeit presumably with the original movie design), then that game would had served as some sort of new Sonic game to get people’s attention. (Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Sega’s physical copy prints of vanilla Mania also started appearing in stores around that time as well?)

20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I'd actually be fine if Sega released an updated version of Generations for the 30th anniversary. I would immediately buy a new Generations if Sonic Team added two stages to each era (I always wanted Quartz Quadrant and Marble Garden to be added to the Classic era, and Levitated Ruin and Knight's Passage to the Modern era, FWIW), more/improved bosses, and touched-up classic physics. That being said, I still would prefer a new game, I just wouldn't mind a new Generations (as long as it's not Forces, at least).