don't click here

Classic Sonic’s Continuity in Forces

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by arc, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    It's the biggest weekend opener for any videogame adaptation ever. I don't see it as a contest, but if it were, Sonic's beaten Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu. We're using spoiler tags in the movie thread if you wanted to dip and read the non-spoiler-y opinions and anecdotes.

2. DreamsComeBlue

DreamsComeBlue

A little afield from the topic, but I hope Sonic Team understands that when fans praise that game they're generally talking about everything but the Werehog segments.

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Oh? I view it as the start of the Insta-Shield from Sonic 3K. A quick burst of boost to extend his ball while he learns to better control it.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The insta-sheild was a purchasable ability in Generations though. I think the modern "classic Sonic" was ripped out post S3K.

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So is the original Sonic the Hedgehog on Mega Drive. I view the shop as non-canon, unless we believe Omochao set up a shop in the middle of a void?

6. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I'm not too sure; Sonic definitely moved forward with a slight blue 'boost' aura when he tried it, and it looked more like a jumpdash/air boost attempt. The Insta-shield doesn't quite work that way.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    He literally learns the Jump Dash (blue aura dash) and Homing Attack in Generations 3DS.

Learning how to boost would be just the next step.

And no, that wasn't even close to the insta shield.

8. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    All this. I can't imagine it being the drop dash either. Not only does the drop dash not look like that, but in 2011, the drop dash was just an unused and probably long forgotten concept for Sonic 3.