don't click here

Sonic X-treme (Project SXU) Rings question

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Etendo, Feb 22, 2020.

How should Sonic's rings work?

Poll closed Feb 29, 2020.
  1. Lose all rings when hitting a hazard

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Lose certain amount of rings depending on what you hit

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Etendo

Etendo

So, me and a buddy are making a Sonic X-treme remake, and we've come into a disagreement. In the original footage, it seems hitting spikes or something doesn't drop all your rings, rather just like 2 or so. I'm not too warm of that idea, as I prefer the normal way Sonic's rings work, you hit anything, you lose all your rings. So, I want the rings to all drop, like how it works in the normal Sonic games. You hit an enemy, you lose rings, simple. But what he would rather have, if you hit spikes or an enemy projectile, you only lose a certain amount of rings, like 2 for instance. And some enemies would take away a few more, or others would take away all, it just depends. So, I came here to make a poll. What would you guys rather have? let us know. Thank you!

2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    There's a handful of official games that drop a percentage of your rings, or a set amount, and every time I thought it was dumb. There's not much point in being able to recover them if you only lose a few. Take them all.

3. Etendo

Etendo

That's how I feel about it. I think it would practically make you overpowered to only lose a few and being able to pick em up again. Thank you for your feedback!

4. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

wait a moment, where is the dev blog for the full sxu game? i wanna go get the full story on this, a sonic xtreme game release is something ive had wet dreams of since the satrun days, please tell me you guys started this ages agao and are close to release please to thor! I hate how all the cool sonic games seam to only be begining dev like tripple troubble, chaos and freedom. there all years away from release saddly.

5. Etendo

Etendo

Project SXU was started in 2017, and hasn't been worked on much until 2019, as I was finishing up school. The friend found my project and joined on after we chatted a bit. We are hoping to have this completed by Christmas this year, but cannot make any promises. You can find the Youtube channel for the project here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHX4xAnJ70IGQKLI1o7HSg

And we will most likely also post updates as well in the Sonic Retro Fangame forum section. Thank you for your interest!

6. arc

arc

I do not remember Sonic's run cycle looking this clean in the official trailer; if I may ask, what are you using to make & pre-render the models?

7. Etendo

Etendo

We haven't made any of the models seen in the videos! we are using the original assets from X-treme. All the original sprites were dumped online.

8. Vangar

Vangar

Absolutely go with losing all your rings. Xtreme era Sonic always lost them all. Not to mention i find if you don't lose them all the game becomes really easy.