don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Nova

Nova

I'm willing to put money on a couple of them at least being Warner Bros social media accounts. The rest are all clearly parodying the original few, though.

2. Flare

Flare

3. They ain't gonna do much. They are claiming a R rated movie is more family friendly than a PG movie basically. Their case falls flat to anyone that looks at ratings.

4. TheWrongCentury

TheWrongCentury

The best part about memories is making them. Member
    Canada
    I don't know why it is, but DC adaptations rarely get done justice. The Flash tv show was great, so was Green Arrow. Then for the movies, I think we have Wonder Woman, Shazam!, and Joker. I liked Aquaman and Man of Steel, but there were awkward parts.

Possibly just people upset that another DC movie flopped. So much potential and possibility, we've seen it, and just, not great writing.

More importantly: Sonic is only a few days away!!! Can't wait to see what they've created as a story.

5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I think the difference here is that Birds of Prey was actually quite well received. The other DC movies that flopped, like Justice League, didn’t exactly do so well when it came to reviews.

6. Many people I speak to about it say it was shit. There are some that enjoy it but most don't.

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I didn't even know it was out now! Granted I don't have cable anymore, so I wouldn't have seen commercials, but no one I know on Facebook or other sites has made a peep. Guess that says a lot in and of itself.

8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I enjoyed Birds of Prey, and it reviewed very well. I think the confusion about the premise (which is maybe alleviated by the title change) and the R-rating (big chunk of Harley Quinn's fanbase is under 18) are the main factors hurting it.

In any case it's not competing for the same dollars as Sonic (outside of hardcore franchise nerds who see everything anyway) so the Twitter drama seems silly.

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

Also, the China release was terrible mostly due to Coronavirus. I think it’s largely a victim of poor timing.

10. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
  11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that is just so damn pure.

12. TheWrongCentury

TheWrongCentury

Canada
    This is probably the sweetest thing I've seen. I'm glad that they're actually doing something like this for the younger fans.

I will admit that I would have 1000% stopped to talk to the Sonic video though

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

"Most"? It's got an 80% critic approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and an 81% audience approval (side note - I'm not trying to defend the film as I haven't seen it. I'm just pointing this out).

14. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I've decided that as a form of protest I'll buy myself a ticket, but not gonna watch the movie. Am I good or am I good?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ummm... what?

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    True power move right there.

17. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    All Hollywood cares is that you paid for a ticket. A better move would be to buy a ticket for a different movie that starts at the same time, and "accidentally" walk into the wrong theater.

18. TheWrongCentury

TheWrongCentury

Canada
    I think as long as you're supporting it, that's what matters.

They didn't have to change Sonic's design, but they did. They listened. What other movie companies are going to listen to fans if they have a problem with something? Spend more money on an almost completed project just because people were complaining?

They could have just easily said that this was their vision for Sonic, their new concept, and that they weren't going to spend more money on redesigning him since they'd already spent so much on it.

We need to support this project, if not because it's Sonic, because they listened. It might just set the precedent for improving CGI animations in upcoming films. I also feel that we need to support this movie because, with its success, more films and games can be developed. Show them that the fanbase is still around and vocal and supportive, give us more quality material. If that means that you spend the $10-$20 on the movie ticket and you don't see it? Fine. If that means that you spend $100 seeing it multiple times, great!

19. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

Reminds me of the stories about how theaters had to install bouncers in front of screenings of South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut because so many kids would do that.

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    No, for real now, I'll decide some other time if I want to watch this. xD Don't be mad at me.