don't click here

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Roller, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    People that make things like this with random Lego pieces amaze me. Good job!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Thing is, even though it seems a long time now, 2250 votes is still quite a lot of additional supporters - this sort of project absolutely relies on word-of-mouth to succeed, so it's important to remember that it's only going to make it if people keep on sharing the link with people who've not yet seen it.

While I'm sure most if not all people on Retro who would support it already have, if anyone here thinks they know someone off-site who might support the project, please do pass them the link and encourage them to click that all-important "Support" button...! = )

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  3. upg

upg

This is DOPE !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Thanks to Neo for letting me ramble a bit on the front page! Hopefully this provides some interesting insight into my perspective on Sonic, the specific reasoning for why it's Green Hill, and how this all happened. :P

Also, it's at 87% now. Not long to go indeed...

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. TheWrongCentury

TheWrongCentury

The best part about memories is making them. Member
    Canada
    I signed up for an account just to vote for these LEGO kits to be made!

I love the designs. Hopefully they're made so I can add them to my LEGO collection!

6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Really excited the project has reached 10k supporters - quick correction to the above though before anyone gets too excited. It'll be part of the first 2020 review, which begins in May - the results for the first 2019 review were announced around September, so I'd expect a similar timeframe this year too.

Huge congrats to Roller/toastergrl for getting this far - will be keeping fingers crossed that it gets through successfully! = )

8. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Thank you all so much!! I haven't known what to say, everyone's been so kind - I'm pretty much indebted to you all ten thousand times over. Last night was absolutely incredible, and I look forward to whatever comes of this!!

9. If it's getting made I'm sold.

10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

• List
  11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    A quick flick through the blog shows the second 2019 review (the first set of results to be posted last year) were posted on Feb 12th, 2020 - as a result I'd imagine the second 2020 results may appear within the next couple of weeks if the timings are similar, so hopefully we'll know what's going on with the Sonic Mania product idea relatively soon.

Having said that, bear in mind that the 2020 review reviews have contained more entries, so the review time may be longer as a result of that - there's also COVID related shenanigans to consider as it's possible these may also slow down the process compared to last time.

Either way, keeping fingers crossed that they've been able to resolve whatever issues were keeping it from going ahead - I'd love for it to become an official, purchasable LEGO set...! = )

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/f25c8120-f921-40af-af8b-a061179e1cb5

It's getting made!

Big congratulations are in order!

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Super cool! Congrats Roller!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Oh wow, that is awesome! I was rather skeptical that it would actually happen, but I'm thrilled to have been proven wrong! Huge congratulations all around!

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh wow! That's awesome. I don't normally buy lego but I might make an exception here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Pengi

Pengi

Excellent news and very well deserved. Big congratulations to Roller!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Woooohooooo! Couldn't be happier - mega-congrats Roller, must be so exciting to have your design developed into an official set. Your dedication to producing a set design that works for both play and display has paid off big time - I'm looking forward to buying the resulting set when it eventually hits shelves! = )

18. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I'll certainly be on this as soon as orders go up.
    Congratulations Roller! I look forward to seeing your vision come to fruition, and building this set for myself!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I'm staying absolutely true to my word here. Roller, you have my congratulations for seeing your pitch approved for assembly!

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Congrats, Roller! Seeing this progress over all this time and finally break through and reach its goal is awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List