don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Agobue

Agobue

It's a song for kids, not some old timer like you!

2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Just because I'm not the target audience doesn't mean I can't criticize it.

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I like it. It's nowhere near the original, sure, but I still think it's a good cover and it just feels right that it's part of the soundtrack.

4. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    See, now this is a good song for a soundtrack.

5. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Edit: What the hell is wrong with me...

The only reason I visit here from time to time is because there's a particular topic or two that has my interest (this one being one of those topics). Despite my personal feelings about the casting of Jim Carrey (who has shown himself to be a vile, hate-filled person in my humble opinion) as Dr. Robotnik, I decided I'm still going to see the movie. What can I say? I'm a fan of the series... not as big as I once was, but big enough to care about a film about my favorite video game character going all the way back to 1991. And I hope it's successful! So I come here to read what some folks are saying about it. I get a bit of joy out of that.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  6. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I'd just like to say that all the drama that's ensuing is probably the exact reason they're discouraging the use of racial slang, censored or not.

This is a really good cover, but where was it confirmed this is included on the movie soundtrack?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It says in the description.

8. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I just see it say it's on a cover album? I don't think it's in the movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Precisely why I said I love his work, not him. Love the art, not the artist as they say :V

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh ya maybe I worded it wrong but I think it's just on the album, not the movie

11. Linkabel

Linkabel

I think what he's trying to say is that the song is part of Nate's cover album and has nothing to do with the movie or movie album.

12. Prototype

Prototype

Without sidetracking the conversation too much, it's heartening to see other people agree with my assessment of Carrey. And in regards to the film, I pretty much agree with you, though I certainly won't pay for a ticket.

13. Loop

Loop

Pure of Heart. Dumb of Ass. Member
    Decent cover but very misleading information right there. “NateWantsToPlay” is releasing an album on his own with Sonic covers as a tribute to the new movie that’s coming out, featuring album art that closely resembles the branding of the Paramount movie. Nothing to see here.

14. Fadaway

Fadaway

Also not wishing to sidetrack the topic, but I've never thought of Jim as vile or hate-filled. Conspiracy theorist maybe, but he's never seemed too vile to me. But, maybe I'm missing something. He is quite talented as an artist.

15. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US

Other than that, I don't know much about his personality.

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Dawn of
    The First Day

168 Hours Remain

This is going to be a long seven days.

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The cinema I frequent is showing the movie on the 13th, so I'll go and later I'll post a spoiler-free review for people who are on the fence about going to see the movie. I'm not expecting a whole lot. If it's great, great, ten dollars well spent. If it's mediocre, I won't be shocked.

18. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    It does look better, but I'm still on the fence. If the consensus among those here seeing it opening weekend is at minimum "decent", then I'll go on the 21st.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I'm going to read a review or two first. The embargo should be lifting the 13th. I know Sonic Stadium got some people to the premiere. Did any Retro staff?

20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I am seeing it at the Alamo Drafthouse next Thursday (assuming I can borrow my roommate's car). At least if it turns out to be terrible, I'll get some of the best damn chicken fingers in town! :oldbie: certainly made Cats more bearable/funnier