don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I had an itch to play this game the other day for a little bit. It was fun, and surprisingly I got 2 people when trying to play online :V

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I tried playing last week. Waited 10 minutes, and no one showed up. Transformed can still fill a lobby, meanwhile.

Is there any interest in organizing a regular session with members, kinda like the official stream was doing for a few months? I (for some reason) still can't into the Discord, but I feel that area is a bit more active. Maybe wrangling people will be easier there.

3. If I could have played this game online in a team with friends without us getting separated, then I would have played this game much longer.

It didn't even last a week or two in my friend group. No post release content, no balance patches or bug fixes, nothing.

Still playing CTR:NF to this day btw.

4. TheManchildMine

TheManchildMine

A Casual Snoc Fan Member
    I have it on Switch, but I haven't played it since I got it, I haven't even finished the story mode, not because I got bored of it, but because I didn't really care enough to continue playing it, I'm gonna play it again and then have actual thoughts on it

5. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Part of the reason it is hard to find people online in TSR is because you can't join a lobby with a race in progress unlike ASRT. So if you find 3 people and the race starts, people can't join the lobby for the next race. They'll just get put into a whole new lobby. This had the effect of making it seem like no one was playing even when the game came out, which caused people to not play.

6. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Did we ever get that soundtrack release for this game? It was the only thing hyping this game up and the only thing the social media team could use to whip people into a frenzy for this game.

7. Jason

Jason

It's on Spotify.

It really did feel like they were selling a soundtrack over a game, considering we didn't see much of it until like 2 months before the release.

8. DryingPan

DryingPan

"Hey I know, I'll use my trusty Frying Pan..." Member
    UK
    I hate to echo everyone else but as much as I do like TSR the game's dead, the complete lack of future content or updates (and CTR: NF coming out a month later) just killed it dead in its tracks. Which is a real shame as TSR had some real potential.

At least the soundtrack absolutely slaps.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    it's amazing that the game was delayed just for the multiplayer part (was this true?) and it was still bad lol

10. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
  11. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    Yep... is this one made by Totaku (the website is from a Portuguese chain of consumer electronic stores)...

12. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Ah. That's I remember that from. In the U.K. they're stocked through the GAME chain of stores.

Although this makes a strange variant of TSR. Still makes me wonder why this version has been announced now, considering the standard version came out 5 months ago. Perhaps it's a way of clearing out old stock? Either way, it's a strange variant. I've placed a pre-order.

13. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    That's what it looks... it probably didn't sell well when it was released there ... so they added the statue to make it look more appealing to buyers... the "old trick"... dunno ...

14. So hey, the game is 50% off on Steam until the 7th. I picked it up last night and played through the first chapter of the story and it was... okay. I went in expecting not to be blown away and somehow this game managed to exactly hit my expectations. It's not awful, but it's also not very exciting, either. It just kind of "is."

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Oh the racing itself is really nice, the wisps do their job, the tracks can have some nice feeling to them, it's just the overall package is very one and done and even then some of the stuff is thrown together without too much care like the cups reusing tracks and lacking egg carrier tracks.

16. Jason

Jason

The mobile version of the game got an ad recently.

I mean Sonic's 15, he'd probably be a streamer at this point :V.

Meanwhile, the soundtrack has been delisted from Spotify. Boo.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    He's actually decently animated in this. Wow.

18. Sega can invest money into making cringe-inducing ads like this for a mobile game, but they can't be bothered to put the effort into improving their cutscene animations in the games. Typical.

19. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    That's a cute ad. It seems like the mobile version of the game is getting more attention that its console counterpart, just like Forces.

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I don’t know what you‘re talking about. The animation looks cheap in comparison to its in-game counterpart. Also, his normal voice felt weird for a second. I hope this has nothing to do with the movie…

Edit:
    Whoever you are, please stop screwing with my favourite video game characters *squints at a certain flower girl from a popular RPG franchise*

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020