don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I don't think they are.

2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

It kind of looks like he has a single eyeball, no gloves and the old puma shoes? And also no back spikes or tail. I don't know, maybe some concessions for the neon tubing motif.

3. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Well, his hands are definitely white. I can't remember if Nightmare Sonic had white hands or not, though.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can only assume you made yourself forget, because those little white hands were horrifying.
    [​IMG]

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    No, the face was so awful I couldn't look away.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Actually kind of surreal watching the original trailer now. Like, what kind of timeline were we about to steer down? I've definitely watched the recent trailers more times than I thought I would, so that must be a good thing.

7. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Does anybody know it there is going to be some kind of premiere or special event for the movie here in Australia?

8. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    A video titled B-Roll and Behind the Scenes of Sonic the Hedgehog has appeared on YouTube, from user Brian Penny. Looking at their replies in the comments section, they appear to have direct access to some press kits and the like.

Putting this inside a spoiler, as I worry this is a bit of a grey area or something. Staff, feel free to edit, trash, delete, or do whatever else with this post if this isn't allowed. Unsure if this qualifies as a non-allowed leak or similar.

9. Yeah it is surreal, kind of like an alternate reality.

I'd love if they released the movie with the original model as a 'DX' edition :V

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    https://twitter.com/Fandango/status/1222987851312193536

Who wants to hear Ben Schwartz say: "You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you because I know everything you're going to do. Strange isn't it?" "I found you, Faker." "I'll make you eat those words" and "You're too slow!"

11. Prototype

Prototype

I find Ben Scwhartz's delivery kind of flat.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    @Prototype I mean given that he probably has no idea what these lines are and that he read them on the fly, I think it's fine.

13. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Yeah, I wouldn't expect Ben to have the same reverence for these lines as the diehard fans. I noticed some people in the Twitter comments complaining about it, but like the reason the "STRANGE, ISN'T IT?" line is so fondly remembered is because the original delivery is so goofy. You're not going to get that out of just reading it off a sheet of paper for the first time.

It reminds me of when the voice actor for Tristan from Yugioh was asked at a convention to say the line "My voice gives me super strength," a reference to Yugioh: The Abridged Series (and the person who asked him was its creator, LittleKuriboh). You could tell by the look on his face and the delivery he had no idea what the hell that was or why people went so nuts over it, but why would he? It was from a silly meme video. Occasionally you'll see the memes catch on (compare the first time Chris Sabat got to do the "over NINE THOUSAAAND" line from Dragon Ball Z before it blew up on the Internet, or when Wayne Grayson, the voice for Joey on Yugioh, went around yelling "BROOKLYN RAGE" at a convention, another Yugioh Abridged reference), but this is all just a job for them at the end of the day.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The delivery was off because Schwartz doesn't know the context of the history of those lines. But honestly, I really liked his voice there. From what I've seen of the film itself, I'm not a huge fan of Sonic's in it. But here he sounds pretty great.

15. So hey, I wasn't paying super-close attention to the movie before seeing that tweet. Sonic is voiced by the guy who played Jean-Ralphio Saperstein? I don't know how I feel about this.

16. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    The best thing to have come out of Sonic's casting here is this animatic:

17. RDNexus

RDNexus

Has anyone noticed this?

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Noticed what?

19. RDNexus

RDNexus