don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I don’t know what a licorice is, but that’s quite the convoluted way of saying you don’t like 3d sonic. And a weird one at that; most 3d sonic games have nothing to do with each other anyway. The most consistent 3d sonic has been was with the boost gameplay, and both the general public and the hardcore fanbase seemed to like it.
    The movie also has nothing to do with neither the 2d or 3d games, so what’s the point of arbitrarily putting it with the 3d games?

2. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    I agree the licorice analogy is pretty strange and inaccurate. By the way, licorice is a chewy (but tough) candy.

[​IMG]

Black licorice is known for being considered gross by most people.

3. Powpuck

Powpuck

Well, sure, if you go for twizzlers. Authentic salmiakki is what you want to look for.

........What's the Sonic version of salmiakki?

4. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

5. I really dig the song. All the sonic callbacks in the beat were a nice treat, and the video was pretty fun too.

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    That song is so... well, today's music. But I kinda like it. Cool video too!

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The starting beat sounds like both like Metropolis Zone and MJ's Black or White intro

8. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Somebody’s little girl is gonna love it. I for one, hate it.

9. RDNexus

RDNexus

That Robotnik's ship sprite looked kinda nice.
    I wonder if there's some way to replicate it for games?

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I hate the song. I hate the video.

But something struck me. This is what's "cool" these days. Sonic was always meant to be the "cool" mascot platformer. Is this really the pathway to broader appeal?

11. netscapenow

netscapenow

I like the song, but yeah, it doesn't exactly scream "Sonic" to me. Then again, neither does most of this movie.
    Also, I noticed that in that video, Sonic's wearing generic sneakers in the bar scene, when in the trailer he wore his classic shoes.
    [​IMG]
    I'm guessing that they made seperate renders of the scenes in the trailer that had his classic shoes on the model, for the sake of recognizability.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  12. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    I'm gonna need you to clarify what you meant here.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    How did I miss that?

Edit: I don't understand what the racist name of an otherwise well-regarded candy from the 50s has anything to do with the rest of your analogy. You could've made your point without the deeply offensive wording and I'm of the mind that you specifically wanted to be a cheeky sod and see if you could get away with it. No sir, you can't.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Probably nobody wanted to read the post to the end because the analogy was straining on the brain, so we all skipped over this without realizing.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    He's been suspended for a week, let's move on.

16. Gangster's Paradise was better IMO. Not for the trailer, but as an overall song. You can say "Speed Me Up" is more fitting, but man is it cringe to me.

It's mostly the pixel art that gets me.

I don't mind the JJ Abrams-esq style effects, but it's just the improper scaling on objects, background artifacts and bilinear images due to improper scaling on them, not working within a limited color palette, inconsistent style (I see a lot of King of Fighters style mixed in on some characters, one of which is Robotnik)... also, Sonic's arms aren't blue so the continuity is just out the window. (Haha, jk on that one :V)

Also, don't blow into your Genesis carts. Use proper cleaning methods. :argh:

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. RDNexus

RDNexus

Well... I'm sure as long as people look at the movie as its own thing and not a part of a franchise, they may actually end up enjoying it.
    Sonic alone seems to bring TONS of humor to the plot, from what the snippets have been showing so far. It's Sola Sonica again xD (jk).

19. Prototype

Prototype

It's a habit I'll never break, rusty chips be damned. It's not like the data from my old SEGA carts is going to be scarce in the forseeable future. Until then, I'll cop my sweet, sweet nostalgia dregs from stupid acts with 16-Bit consoles. <3

20. Shaddix Leto Croft

Shaddix Leto Croft

Goodbye *Mwah* AND GOODNIGHT Member

"This part, I wouldn’t mind going to do other one, because it was so much fun, first of all. And you know, it was a real challenge to try to convince people that I have a triple digit IQ. There is so much room, Robotnik has not reached his apotheosis.”

So Jim Carrey would be actually interested reprising his role as Robotnik.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List