don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Even so, ever since the MCU launched pretty much every studio has been trying to copy its success, in a superficial way. I remember in the run-up to the Power Rangers movie (which I thought was good, but not great), they announced SIX sequels before the damn movie was out. The Mummy reboot was supposed launch the Dark Universe (or whatever the fuck it would've been called), Fant4stic was supposed to be a trilogy, TASM2 was supposed to launch a shit-ton of spinoffs. Unfounded rumor or not, I wouldn't put it past Paramount to already be planning sequels/spinoffs.

2. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I'm down for this, but only if the Eggman spinoff can lock onto the second and third movies. :V

3. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
  4. Nova

Nova

I'm thinking this bubble has finally burst. I hope so, anyway. Ghostbusters seemed to have something similar planned if I remember correctly and nothing came of that either.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If there's a sequel please let it be set in Sonic's universe and not earth.

At least the designs have been fixed up already though.

6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Ditto. It wouldn't have been so bad if any of them had waited to see how the movies performed first. Some of worst offenders spent more of their runtime setting up spinoffs than actually telling their own plot!

7. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

When movie studios say they’re going to make a single film in to a trilogy before the first one’s even out, it really puts me off the series. For fuck sake, see if what you’ve got is any good first before trying to shove more down our throats.

It just speaks of greed rather than of quality content, and as others have already pointed out it absolutely stems from how well the MCU has done. Those films have changed modern cinema possibly more than any other film series in history. The difference is that they’re based on Marvel Comics which are renowned for their lengthy, detailed world building and complex varied storylines and themes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Learning nothing from the Mario Bros Movie, it seems. It's not smart to set up sequels as the film barely escaped pitchforks and torches.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    There are reports of a final trailer about to surface soon. Luckily, I was able to get a special director's cut version from my pet shoebox who works at Paramount and has a uncle who works at Sega a few days in advance. Check it out :ssh:

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Just. No. Get outta here with that garbage.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Look what my Dad found at the cinema today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They had a load of these fliers, keep an eye out if you're near an Odeon. Might be other chains as well. I have of course scanned it and Put It On The Wiki™.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Mandelbrot

Mandelbrot

Did anyone archive of the video in the link that started this entire thread all the way back in page 1?

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh I was at the movies the other day and the AMC staff there were wearing shirts advertising the Sonic movie. It featured a render of Sonic in a movie theater seat eating popcorn.

I think they actually feel pretty proud of their redesign, they've been pushing it heavily

15. Flare

Flare

Yeah, Im very glad of it. I see them on social really enjoying the fan art, which after the disaster it could have been (I know I know final product is still pending) its kinda cool they have a better response so far.

16. Chandler

Chandler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Member
    Poland
    The fan art people do are amazing (like almost every fandom i've been into, or I know about).
    Anyways, about that thing - looks cool, but I wouldn't fill it (I mean I would, but inside my house), but for kids, that's something, I guess.

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Speaking of Movie Theatre goodies, I found this one after watching Star Wars:

Attached Files:

18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  19. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Damn those Chaos Emeralds

Just imagine the promotional rollout with the old design.

20. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020