don't click here

Sonic Incursion (RELEASED)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Ell678, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

Hay, thats actuly an Idea. You could just pull a Pokemon and publish two versions of the game. Sonic Incursion : True Blue Sonic and Sonic Incursion : Cold Steel Metal Sonic

2. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    New version up (old links are being updated). Please note that in order to keep your save file, make sure that you keep the .bin files found in Sonic Incursion\Binaries\UserData. Put these files back to the same place in your new installation, and your progress will still be there.

Changes -

-Fixed RRZ3S not resetting the death triggers upon level reset.
    -Fixed RRZ3S music not replaying upon death.
    -Decreased the gaps on the final jumps in RRZ3S.
    -Fixed the MMZ2 Boss staying damaged if the player died.
    -Fixed being able to bypass the invisible wall at the end of RRZ2 as Metal Sonic.
    -Fixed Metal Sonic's final boss staying damaged if the player died. This also resets background effects and the attacking background ships.
    -Fixed some bad splines in AAZ and DDZ.
    -Fixed Sonic's final boss "dying failsafe" not working in specific circumstances.
    -Added another block in Metal Sonic's "The Alpha Cannon" where the shooting Metallix is, considerably reducing the difficulty.

Thanks to Sally Rose for spotting the majority of these bugs.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  3. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

Just to let you know, i only found those bugs by doing a normal playthrough. i feel you should look for similar bugs throught the rest of the game, ie try seeing if the game still works when you die in diffrent levels or against diffrent bosses, just to be shure those werent the only death related bugs.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm having trouble installing this for some reason. It says it can't find UDK.exe but not exe file is created upon installation, at least not one I can find.

5. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Check Sonic Incursion\Binaries\Win32 -

UDK.exe is in there.

EDIT - Found the cause of the installer not booting up the game once completed. Now fixed for any future releases (if I do one at all).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  6. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    New version uploaded. I was planning to wait as long as possible before uploading a new version, but I found something that simply had to be addressed.

-Fixed Sonic's final fight not loading due to a build error.
    -Fixed the TTZ2 boss fight arena randomly turning it's invisible walls on and off.
    -Fixed the particle effects bugging out in Metal Sonic's final fight.
    -Reduced the random FPS drop in TTZ2 in a specific area.
    -Fixed the installer not actually launching the game after installation.

Reminder that installing the new version in the same directory shouldn't affect your save files.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. RDNexus

RDNexus

OK... You sir, @Ell678, created quite the fangame here. I just watched a full playthrough of it (not much of a gamer, sorry).
    Well-designed zones, with quite interesting transitional acts, funny gimmicks, great background sceneries and OST.
    The final portion of the game, however, seemed a bit incomplete, cutscenes-wise. Other than that, all nice stuff.
    You can feel proud of it, as a spectator, the game looks like something you could have in a portfolio for a company to see.
    SEGA should hire you and other 3D Sonic fangaming talents for the next 3D game, as they did with Taxman's group for Mania.

8. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Unfortunately, I didn't have time to put the "showdown" cinematic in the game. This is where Sonic and Metal meet the Emperor, a fight breaks out and they get the cyan Emerald back (allowing Sonic to turn super, and causing damage to the station) Without it, and the dialogue that would have been in it, the ending is a little jarring, especially for Sonic, who just goes straight to his final boss (at least with Metal you get a mini-act before his final fight).

I'm glad you like it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Hello everyone!

It's been quite a while since I've posted in Retro in general. Basically, I just wanted to make a small update. Due to some excellent work by Xaklse, Incursion now has a unique menu and, more importantly, the save system and level select between the characters now works. So basically you can play through the whole game as Metal, have all of his stages and acts unlocked ready for a replay while keeping Sonic's playthrough untouched except for scores, red rings et al.

I am currently very slowly touching up animations, dealing with bugs and general refinements, with the potential final goal being introducing missing cinematics and missing stages. If I do lose interest however, I promise I will release Incursion with it's updated menu system.

So basically - lets see your feedback if you did play the game. It is more important than ever.

10. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

This is amazing news? are the new links up yet or no? and i think a great bonus if possible would be a secret Super Boss. that you need both sonic and metal snics game finish to fight and you fight him with oth sonic and metal, ala sonic adventure1 and 2 style that would e epic

11. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    The new version isn't up yet, there is still a lot of work to do yet.

12. Ell678

Ell678

Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Hello everyone. Here is the latest version of Sonic Incursion! Latest additions -

- NEW menu, supplied by Xaklse. This means you can play through as one character, have a complete save as them, while not affecting the other character (although scores and rankings will be shared).
    - 32 bit and 64 bit executables included. This means that if you are able, you can benefit from the added stability granted from 64 bit.
    - Multitude of small updates, bugfixes.

As you can see in the post above, I promised a final release of Incursion. This is it. It doesn't have everything I wanted to put into the game, but the reality is I just don't have the inclination, time or energy to carry on with it anymore. I didn't want Xaklse's recent contribution to go to waste, as it really does improve the game.

I know I say this all the time, but please let me know what you think if you do play it. As is my fickle nature, I could always get a spurt of inspiration and continue serious work. That being said, I just like to know that at least some people enjoyed my work.

13. Violet CLM

Violet CLM

The game doesn't respond at all to either my keyboard or my controller, sadly, so I can't move the character, but thanks for the video, that helps people experience it anyway!

14. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

I'm sad we only have Sonic and Metal Sonic as playable characters. I wish we have Tails, Knuckles, or more (Or Amy) when you beat the game as Sonic with or without the Emeralds.