don't click here

Akira (Unreleased MD Game) now released!

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by evilhamwizard, Dec 25, 2019.

1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Read the original announcement article here.
    [​IMG]
    Akira (Prototype)

Merry Christmas everyone! We have something very special to share with you. A prototype of the unreleased adaptation of Akira for the Sega Mega Drive! This is the first of whats to come later this week, so stay tuned for more fun tomorrow. ENJOY!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You are wonderful people.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  4. TailChao

TailChao

I Must Eat Muffin Gear Oldbie
    Being Busy
    Sonic Month was already fantastic, but this one I never expected to show up.
    Amazing work.

Now to convert it into Mega Bartkira.

5. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    This is great! I nice glimpse into what could've been. Maybe in time, we'll be able to restore some of the content from the CES proto and add some win conditions to the levels.

6. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    What a find! Despite being a fan of Akira since the early oughts, I only heard vague things said about a NES game. Never heard about anything for the Genesis/MD, let alone expected a proto release. From the screenshots alone, this looked like an ambitious project. So many different games are in this game! Some of that pixel art looks pretty nice too.

I was already pretty stoked after hearing confirmation about the upcoming anime re-adaption of Akira, then this drops out of nowhere. I'm glad it wasn't lost to time.