don't click here

Sonic 1 Beta Footage

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zaracoatl, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaracoatl

Zaracoatl

While searching through Youtube for the Wayne's World Sonic 1 beta clip I ran across some footage I have not seen before from Sonic 1. Someone uploaded these videos recently and they don't have very many views. I have searched through the wiki here and did not see it. Here is the video:

I also found another one as well on the same channel. This second video I have seen somewhere before but this version seems to extend a bit on the original one I saw:

What do you guys think?

2. Chandler

Chandler

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Member
    Poland
    The first one is not real. It's actually some random beta remaster hack with some VHS effect applied (possibly using After Effects).
    The second one is just a collection of already existing clips that are around the internet.
    (Correct me if I'm wrong)

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    L-O-L, I've used that VHS filter for some videos of mine.

4. Zaracoatl

Zaracoatl

Dang, that's too bad. Sorry, guys! I guess they fooled me with that VHS effect. Hopefully I will find something useful in these old Famitsu Magazine PDF files.

5. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    First is a fake. The first part of the second is a commercial making use of digitally edited VFX arrangements that were put in by god who knows of France; nothing to the likes of very long spring retracting and fancy balls were in the game. Ever.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  6. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    That first video is of the Sonic 1 Beta Remake hack by MisterGambit. It's available on the Wiki if you're interested in checking it out.

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    The great thing about growing up with VHS is the ability to spot game filters. The video “artifacts” are way too orderly to have been real. Fake VHS filters really annoy me. We have good video quality now and if I needed to see something on tape, then at least it’s because it literally could not be any better. Taking present day video and applying that garbage just pisses me off. The fact that television and movies also take this shortcut when they have access to the real thing just magnifies how ridiculous it is.

8. Slightly odd that after this thread was created the first video has been deleted and the second unlisted ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.