don't click here

Sonic Adventure Music Experience UK - 8th Dec 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sir_mihael, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    If anyone else wants to join us, we're actually in the queue now. And it's bloody freezing out here :p

2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Wish I'd got my act together and got tickets when they were available - hope it goes well and they consider doing it again in future. Anyone who made it - hope you have a blast! = )

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

If anything related to Proto-SA1 comes around... Please, manage to get decent-to-good pics of them!!! *sobbing*

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Event was great, good seeing you all!

Jun certainly wants to do it again next year =P

5. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Echoeing Overlord's sentiments, the gig was indeed a good 'un.

Here's a recording of the first song:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    PYRAMID CAVE

I had an awesome time. What a show, and what a show to go to for my first ever gig as well! It was lovely seeing you all again, and it was lovely meeting some of you for the first time :thumbsup:

7. Nova

Nova

awesome night, awesome show

currently dying in an O'Neil's and attempting to be some approximation of a human being

8. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I have only positive things to say about my short trip to London. It was so dang good. Thank you very much.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    One thing that disappoints me about these live shows is that they can't seem to ever get a full band. I understand if maybe you can't get a keyboardist to do all the miscellaneous instruments live, but when I see a rock show, I expect at least the standard quartet of guitar/drums/bass/vocals. Jun can only ever seem to wrangle two or three of those at a time. That said I'm extremely jealous, and would love for him to play MAGFest again.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Apparently...Johnny didn't even know about this show till the last minute? I'm hearing that from somebody recounting a story they heard from someone else.

I guess cause he was only gonna play stuff he composed by himself (or at least without input from other members of Crush 40) he never bothered to get Johnny on the horn? I'unno.

11. Xeeynamo

Xeeynamo

London
    Amazing concert and excellent performance! A bit surprised they didn't played Open Your Heart since it was the 20th Anniversary of Sonic Adventure and a missing keyboardist.

Also positively surprised about the fan-base of Sonic attending at the concert as almost all of them has been enjoyable people. And amazing people from SonicRetro, which I spend a great time with. Seeing in person those people I always read about while lurking on the forum has been emotional.

We transmitted our enthusiasm to the organisers and the band itself too. I've seen how they became so confident of their selves (especially the drummer) after the first half of the concert. I hope that this will drive them to organise more of those un-missable events!

100% would do it again and again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So I actually sorta bumped into you guys briefly, but got chaperoned away.

I think you were all outside of the Tube station (The one next door to The Famous Cock) and I got introduced to you guys very briefly but then had to head off.

Ended up hanging out with the old Summer of Sonic staff for most of the night which was fun, we shared a lot of old war stories.

Have to agree with everybody here, it really was a great night.

Also have a fun story to share, the Drummer Act. was apparently really blown away by the positive response he got that he was very emotional backstage, won't go into too much detail, but aside from his obvious enthusiasm during the show, it wasn't... if you'll excuse the pun, an act or overly putting on a show, if anything he was apparently trying to tone down when he was on staged just how much the fan reaction meant to him.

Took a ton of video myself, not watched it back yet since I think the audio might be a bit buggered due to the mic on my camera, but here's hoping!

13. Pengi

Pengi

For prosperity (and wikis), here's the setlist:

[Sonic Adventure] Emerald Coast
    [Sonic Adventure 2] Prison Lane
    [Team Sonic Racing] Frozen Junkyard

Jun talks to the audience.

[Sonic Adventure] Choose Your Buddy!
    [Sonic Adventure] Station Square
    [Sonic Generations*] Seaside Hill

Jun talks to the audience, says the next songs are from the latest game, Team Sonic Racing, as well as Sonic Racing, available on Apple Arcade.

[Team Sonic Racing**] Ocean View
    [Team Sonic Racing] Wisp Circuit
    [Team Sonic Racing] Green Light Ride (instrumental)***

Svend and Adam talk to the audience. Asks if there are any Shadow fans.

[Sonic Adventure 2] Sky Rail
    [Sonic Adventure 2] Radical Highway
    [Sonic Adventure 2] Green Forest
    [Sonic Adventure] Theme of "Dr. Eggman" / Egg Hornet****

Svend/Adam (maybe it was just Svend) talk to the audience, mention how they love the audience "singing" along and want to hear more of that. Impromptu Station Square from Jun, with the audience "singing" along. After a joke about Big the Cat songs, a short impromptu Lazy Days ~Livin' in Paradise~ from Jun, with the audience "singing" the tune. The next two songs were chosen by Svend and Adam.

[Sonic Adventure 2] Pyramid Cave (Svend's choice)
    [Sonic Adventure] Chaos 6 (Adam's choice)
    [Sonic Adventure] Sky Deck
    [Sonic Adventure] Speed Highway
    [Team Sonic Racing] Market Street

Jun introduces a special guest - Miles Meakin, lead guitarist from the band Midnite City. Miles joins them for the next two songs.

[Sonic Adventure 2] Eternal Engine
    [Sonic Adventure 2] Metal Harbor (Miles' favourite)

The band leaves the stage. They come back for an encore, but first Jun mentions that it's drummer Act's birthday and asks the audience to sing him Happy Birthday, as he is presented with a birthday cake. The audience is asked to sing the vocals for the encore song.

Encore: [Sonic Adventure 2] City Escape

--

*The gameplay footage shown was Sonic Generations. They played the Generations version of the song, which transitions from Seaside Hill into Ocean Palace.
    **Similarly, this was originally from Racing Transformed, a remix of Sonic - You Can Do Anything.
    ***Pretty sure that's what this was. The video footage was of the game's intro.
    ****Started and ended as Eggman's theme, but pretty sure it transitioned into the Egg Hornet boss in the middle

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Heh, looks like I wasn't the only one who made a note of it then =P

15. RDNexus

RDNexus

So, there were no nice Proto-SA1 images shown at the live? That's too bad...

16. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Nah, nothing like that was shown unfortunately, I was ready with my camera the whole night in case that did occur.

Though part of me does wonder if they did actually cut a section out of the show, reason being is that the band was due to start playing at 7PM, but they didn't start until about 20min later.

There were a lot of problems getting people into the venue, it was a painfully slow process. They were due to open the doors at 6PM, by 7:20PM I only just got in and the band took to the stage, and my group were far from the last people in line, there were at least 50+ people behind us.

It took so long that, I think they may have delayed the start because otherwise there would have been over a hundred people that couldn't get inside the venue for the start. To compensate for the late start it's possible they cut a set, but... that's just me speculating.

17. RDNexus

RDNexus

We fans really are a bit short on luck, aren't we?
    Despite the memorable year we had regarding prototype classic games.

18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I'd say this year was pretty good regarding prototype Sonic stuff, all things considered.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  19. RDNexus

RDNexus

But Proto-SA1 stuff could make for a fine Pre-Xmas present to the community :oldbie:

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Fixed.