don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hell if it was on Twitter it might have been me lol. Thus the butchering of your work above (curious though, why the insistence on the blue arms if you're allowed to say?)

2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I think any word on design choices are going to have to be funneled through officially sanctioned sources for now. Hopefully we’ll do interviews sometime in the future though where we can talk about what changed and why. There is a “why” for every choice, made by me or otherwise.
    I am glad that it’s taken most people this long and a naked model to notice the extra back spikes though. Tells me it was the right decision.

3. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    TBH I think Movie Sonic looks weird WITH the tan arms, t-pose not withstanding ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like, Modern/Classic Sonic, sure, I wanna see some skin. But it just doesn't seem to fit with Movie Sonic. I can't put my finger on why.

4. RDNexus

RDNexus

Same here. This Sonic with skin arms feels weird.

5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    It's the realistic fur and the fact that his arms are similar in proportions to those of us humans. Maybe you think they're too hairy.

6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Someone on Facebook found this on their bookstore's website. Apparently they're making a novelization of the movie...

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Holy shit that's hilarious

8. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Jesus christ the ride never ends

9. Linkabel

Linkabel

I was expecting a picture book about the movie but not a full novelization.

Those are always interesting though because they tend to use unused ideas from old scripts of the movie, so it might be worth to check it out.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I can see it now.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The furless arms just make this look worse. I think it's because this emulates a 'living creature' look the games don't try to achieve.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yea the arms can't be furless, just the same color as his stomach fuzz

13. MH MD

MH MD

https://twitter.com/ssf1991/status/1203823110320984070?s=21

It may be probably nothing important ,or nothing at all, but we will see

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. It will probably just be a small skit.

15. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    oh no. please no. their humor is so hit-or-miss that if it goes well, non-Sonic fans will remember for a week, and if it goes poorly, it'll be a meme for AGES

...actually come to think of it, okay.

16. Turbohog

Turbohog

It can't be worse than the humor in the recent games.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    When boom first came along and gave sonic blue arms I was against it but now.. I quite like the blue arm design, it works a lot better with movie sonic compared to boom's bandage wrapped hero.
    I think the only time flesh arms on sonic works well is in sprite form or very cartoon-like visuals like sonic unleashed.

18. Powpuck

Powpuck

I wonder if the peach arms would work better if there was a less stark delineation -- perhaps a gradient or "cut off sleeve" pattern instead.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  19. The blue arms didn't bother me in Boom, and they certainly aren't bothering me in the movie's new design. It's the peach fan edits that look a little disturbing TBH.

20. JRokujuushi

JRokujuushi

J64 Member
    Most of the sources seem to trace back to users on Reddit so make of that what you will, but several sites are reporting that the Vancouver branch of MPC, the studio that helped with Sonic's redesign, has been shut down.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/busines...-king-shuts-down-vancouver-studio-183671.html
    https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/mpc-studio-vancouver-shut-down
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ion-shutters-weeks-before-christmas-1.5393522
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...movies_redesign_has_reportedly_been_shut_down

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List