don't click here

Sonic Adventure Music Experience UK - 8th Dec 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sir_mihael, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Powpuck

Powpuck

That's what lube's for.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Nova

Nova

We should start trying to nail down solid plans for what exactly we're doing and where we're doing it on the day.

Two things I need to put forward; first, might I suggest as has been said elsewhere that we don't plan on anything that involves the whole group of us going for dinner somewhere? As regular Barcade goers will be familiar with, finding catering accommodations for our usual lot is difficult enough - add another handful of people into the mix and I can see it being near-impossible. Second, there is at least one person not doing the Retro meet that I want to catch up with while I've got the chance, so it'd be nice to know what the itinerary is and when I can chip off for half an hour to an hour.

3. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    For me I'll be coming to London with one of my Game Shop buds who's done SoS before, so we'd probably eat elsewhere and catch you all for some casual pre/after drinks anyway. So I might not be fully Barcade based this trip - but I'll definitely still work some parts of my plan around you all for ease of meetup.

I'll probably get myself to London about midday and go from there... Should be staying somewhere Sunday Night (although nothing booked yet.. I better get that sorted) so celebration drinks will definitely be on the menu! :thumbsup:

PS: Who's actually got VIP tickets? That might change up what time people can do stuff afterwards, as there might be a long meet and greet line that might delay me for a bit afterwards!

4. Xeeynamo

Xeeynamo

London
    Count me in for the Barcade. Luckily I live in London and I will have no problems to move through the city.
    Who of you got the VIP ticket?

5. RDNexus

RDNexus

Does any of you know if those concept arts and renders may get shown again at this event?

It was in an event like this coming one, right?

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

VIP QUALITY here.

Also I just checked the Kickstarter emails and it looks like the Meet and greet VIP stuff is happening BEFORE the main gig. That makes things easier. I can go get that shit done and have more evening time for after party drinks, woohoo.
    Although it means I'll have to abandon Barcade a bit early, I'll probably catch you crew later on anyway!

7. Pengi

Pengi

Has the Meet & Greet time been set yet? Looked through my inbox and can’t find a mention of it.

8. Nova

Nova

Accomodation sorted!

Stiv and Nova's Travelodge antics return.

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Unless I can find a ticket, I won't be at the show. But I come eat with you guys at some point, happen to have off that day.

10. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Just had a look, it's-
    EDIT: WAIT, Since it's Backer only information I probs shouldn't post anything here, as has been pointed out :V

Send me a PM if you need Details! Otherwise it'll be in your Kickstarter updates, but not the normal public ones, if that makes sense.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. PapaKappa

PapaKappa

Serath Member
    I have a ticket and was wondering what was happening on the day. I'd love to meet up with some people, so if anything is happening, please DM me on Discord. ----->! Kappacino#3127

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I expect archived backer updates once this is all over.

Also a wiki page and maybe a front page plug about the experience?

13. Nova

Nova

When I get home tonight I'll start looking to arrange things for the various meeting times and places and sort out a plan for the day. If you're seeing this, PM me on Retro or add me on Discord and I'll keep you in the loop. You'll need my number too, to call us if you can't find us. Just posting here to say, it's in hand, basically.

Nova#8883

14. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So I'm also going to this thing as a VIP.

But going on my own, so I wouldn't mind hanging out with someone/s when waiting to go in or something?

15. Nova

Nova

Okay, so we're going to meet at the usual spot, Henry's Cafe above Green Park tube station.

upload_2019-12-2_20-20-18.png

We'll be leaving there around 1pm, so try and get there before then; if not, as said, PM me and I'll drop you my number so you can find us if you're lost. If you're going to be later than that but still want to hang, just ring as you get into London and we'll try and let you know where abouts we are.

Meet and Greeters, you'll have to go your own way and find us when you're free! No idea when that's supposed to go on until so it's almost impossible to plan around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. Xeeynamo

Xeeynamo

London
    Since the Meet & Greet is at 1pm, I will be to Henry's Cafe until 12:15 to then take the Victora Line and reach the venue by 1pm (the journey it is just 15-20 mins long).
    I will probably arrive to the cafe' by 10:30 :oldbie:

17. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

I get the feeling everyone will leave at different times, so it'll just be a free-for-all around that point. Either way, will keep in touch and work around you lot! :thumbsup:

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I dunno if I'll meet at Henry's, but my ticket will be around before 6 sometime and I've gotta get it off her. Guess I'll ping Nova when it's closer to 6 and figure out where to link up?

19. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    It's always nice to see you lot whenever these meet ups come around. Will be nice to see some new faces as well. Looking forward to it all :3

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    If anyone is planning on coming to the Barcade beforehand and hasn't let us know, now's the time to.

We figure a preliminary schedule of this:

* Meet at Henry's Bar, per the above map, at any time leading up to 1pm
    * Leave Henry's at 1pm.
    * Wander around and visit a few of the usual stops, get some food, etc.
    * At 5pm, we'll make our way to the venue.