don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice/conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

2. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Like that planet Mobius(Sonic's homeworld)is planet Earth in the future...etc.?

3. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Tyson Hesse you are a treasure and I absolutely love how many positive things you've contributed to this series. Seriously where the hell would we be without you at this point? We got the Mania intro, Mania Adventures, the TSR cartoons, just overall the best animated interpretations of Sonic possibly ever, and now you're responsible for fixing the worst fucking Sonic design known to man and helped make it actually pretty damn great.

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Tyson Hesse literally saving the image of this character over the past few years. Many thanks.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's great Tyson Hesse was able to turn this around. But holy fuck I'll never understand why. There was never a good reason for Sonic to look so bad in the first place. The design that we've ended up with is basically just usual game Sonic design except with blue arms and separated eyes. He's got also got fur, realistic shoes and his proportions are different so that he doesn't look totally out of place in a live action film. Its basically what everyone was saying they should have done from day 1.

Hesse did a great job talking some sense into the film makers. The film makers are clearly incompetent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Out of interest, did anyone archive the original trailer before it was made private? I was hoping to grab it for visual comparison purposes literally the other day as it sounded like a new trailer was imminent, but didn't have the time and have now missed the chance.

8. Wafer

Wafer

Find me on Twitter instead Member
    Well, it's gone from a hard pass for seeing it at the cinema to an almost certainty, for me. I was gonna wait for the home release, but I'm too curious to wait that long now.

9. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Sonic got 4 multiverses origins in first one his parents in manga are Brenda and Paulie(Doctor Robotnik was a human,but his full name was just anagram),Jules and Bernadette in Archie Sonic Comic(and Doctor Eggman was android)(old cannon),in video games his parents are unknown(I guess they could be mentioned,but they are not I guess due to Sonic game cancelation based on Archie Sonic Comic and Sonic Satam).

10. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'm not mad about the blue arms but I am EXTREMELY curious about who INSISTED on them. Peachy fur would have been fine. But thank fuck the monoeye's still gone.

I'm glad the movie doesn't seem like total embarrassing trash now based on this new trailer, that first one was mad gnarly beyond the design. Kinda wish I had a younger relative to go see this with, even.

11. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    THIS. Knowing that Tyson not only got involved in the redesign but ACTUALLY LED IT makes me wanna go see and pay for the movie just to show support. This is outright amazing <3

Here you go!

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I mean, full credit to Tyson and his team for taking the abomination and making it passable but the film itself still looks like an awful plot that strays lightyears away from the original source material, no matter how many small references they squeeze in. Still a pass from me.

13. Flare

Flare

It's weird how the two most recent "versions" of Sonic has blue arms. Maybe it just looked funky with furry peach arms when placed in the real world and the team voted. But its all opinions with design so its just whatever the consensus (or person in charge) felt at the time. I think this (and Boom for that matter) looks better with blue arms.

OR... a slightly different Sonic model means they can sell more exclusive toys with that design.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    I was chattin' with @Kail about this and they mentioned that they're probably catering to normies who always wondered "hey why aren't his arms blue too". I guess that's a thing, I don't have enough exposure to normal people to verify lmao

15. Didn’t Tyson post that image of his Sonic design (or one extremely similar) months ago, shortly after the first trailer came out? Never made the connection it was the same design even when it leaked in the past couple of weeks...

16. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Yes. It's the same design, today's version is just more detailed. But the movie design in today's trailer is different.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  17. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    When he posted the drawing back when it was closer to the original design; smaller eyes and real-world sneakers. He made that design look pretty good too; really drove home that this should've been a fully animated project from the get-go.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <3 tyson

19. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Great.

Even if the script turns out awful and it flops, now I need to see it on sheer principle.

Congratulations, Tyson. You and your team deserve every bit of praise possible for salvaging this, and congrats to whoever was smart enough to bring you on board.

I hope Naoto is proud of you.

20. The new design is wonderful, and the movie actually looks entertaining. I'll absolutely be seeing it at least once in theatres, and once more on home video.