don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Also,

[​IMG]

2. I'm glad they changed the "...meow?" with Sonic's screen. So. Much. Better. It was so cringe in the original trailer.

And the new design, man! It is much better and I loved it. I'm not sure if the movie will be any good, but that trailer made want to watch it... Also, the music choice in this trailer is much better as well.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The meow could very well still be in the movie, just they might not have shown it during the trailer.

4. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    I really hope it's in the movie because it would be cute to see it with this new design.

I actually want to watch this movie now. Not with a "hahahah let's go see a train crash" attitude, but more with a "let's see a funny casual flick" instead.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I noticed some footage shows the dude with the tranq gun with an orange tip but not in others, both with the new sonic present.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    The new trailer shows that they had plans for the old design. WHAT ARE YOU CLOWNING ME?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  8. Flare

Flare

9. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    they...they actually made him look adorable. shit, stop tempting me to go see this!!

10. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Further trivia on this film is quite interesting:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

One's like this:
    But also a spoiler (unless it's been mentioned before?):
    Sonic will increase his speed as the film goes on. According to producer Tim Miller, "the speed changes over time because he evolves, because he can't do everything at the beginning of the movie. He takes some time to figure out the speed: what the effect looks like and what it does to the rest of the world around it."

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    You know what, i gotta go see this now. And if you're on the fence, if nothing more, go to support all the artists that surely had to put in a LOT of overtime to get it to this stage + a movie company actually listening to the fans instead of doubling down on their bad ideas and insulting us for not liking it ='D

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I like the way it makes the old design look even worse. I mean good lord, side by side. Wow.

It's not the best replacement ever - it's very much a case of "it'll do" but whatever, the whole concept is extraordinarily dumb.

I look forward to the joke hacks with rubber band balls and licking dogs.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'll probably watch it just for the poor overworked CGI artists who had to put in the OT to redo this.

That said, I'm not convinced about the script, but the reactions to the trailer generally are positive so I can go along with it.

14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    The movie still isn't likely to win awards (or even get good reviews?) but the work put in to get it where it's at now is incredible, and definitely worth my time to go see now.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Half of my excitement gradually disappeared with the lame jokes, but at least Sonic does look like some kind of Sonic now.

16. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    He's design looks now way much better than before,but his eyes should be looking more binoculars(like contures of this item).His eyes is looking more like Tails has.

17. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Uuuuhhh...

Tweet.

Was Tyson involved in this redesign?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Tyson Hesse(Sonic Mania/Plus artist and animator)?

19. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is most likely correct...

The new design really is very similar to his actual game design and looks great. No doubt, they would have had a very similar mock-up available when they decided between the two designs. The "old" movie design was obviously awful, especially by comparison. The Sonic fanbase is notoriously fickle, and likely would have hated the first design no matter what, the "old" movie design made sure of that. This "new" design, is actually closer to the older leaks we had seen.

I conclude, it is more than reasonable that "old" movie design was intentionally released to garner media attention. I don't think it is conspiratorial to suggest this.

20. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Minor changes of my own redesign of Sonic.
    [​IMG]