don't click here

Don't know who might care, but Sonic X for Leapfrog Leapster

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kiddo Cabbusses, Dec 23, 2014.

1. BTW, how many cutscenes are in this game actually? And can they all be ripped? (Even if not with sound?)

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Neat, it's great that this game has been dumped. Someone upload it to SonAR.

3. If you or anyone else besides me still go on this thread, I would like to say that the sendspace link is dead. and when I open any copy of the Sonic X rom I find on any other site that has it (i.e The Eye.) in a tile editor like YY-chr or Tile Layer Pro, it appears to be corrupted compared to Hayate's screenshot. Do you have a copy of the rom that isn't corrupted? (Also fun fact, 2 other Leapster games, Counting on Zero and Go Diego Go!: Animal Rescuer use the same game engine as Sonic X.) hayateshot.png myshot.png

4. IT Ryan

IT Ryan

that one guy whohw yug eno taht Member
    B E C A R E F U L N O T T O G E T T R A P P E D I N E G G M A N ' S S U P E R S U C K Y M A C H I N E

5. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Have you tried adjusting the address offset? You need to shift things down 3 rows of pixels to properly align it.

6. how do i do that? I use yy-chr. I only used tlp for comparison.

7. Uploaded the trailer to YouTube because no one else would.

8. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Use + and - on your number pad to adjust the offset. Alternatively, you can click on the + and - buttons between the two editing areas.

9. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Has anyone ripped the SWFs for all the cutscenes? I was hoping to use them for a project. Alternatively, any direction on how to extract them myself from the bin would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Two methods:
    Use a generic file extraction tool
    Use FFDec and rename the rom to use an FLA extention. (Might work with other flash tools, but I wouldn't know anything about that.)
    No audio included, because reasons unknown.

Edit: Alternatively, here's what I got using the generic file extraction method.

11. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Weird; I tried a few extraction tools and got nothing. This is a huge help, though; thanks!

12. Apslup

Apslup

Feelin' Fine. Member
    I actually had one of these Leapster consoles as a kid, when I was really young (like 3-5 years old). Last time I heard, my Mum gave it to my younger cousin a few years back. I didn't own this game though, but oh well.