don't click here

Ristar / Feel concept art

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Pengi, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Pengi

Pengi

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3YqGhLn-Bj/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3bUj0WnL36/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3dzi7Rn5g0/

Courtesy of Tony Takoushi.

Some comments from Takoushi:

"You have good taste :) We went thru sooooooooo many versions of the character! Same with the game name...One of the last titles I championed at Sega Europe.."

"Image above is 1 of 10 I had to choose from..."

"yep, a lot of range across the 10 images....."

"Here's the 3rd concept image from Sega Japan for Ristar/Feel on Megadrive from the 1990's. I need your help and support please! There are 7 more concept's for Feel/Ristar and to share the journey help me get to 1000 followers...please repost this image and my account link or repost as a story on your account.

I'm stopping today on this 3rd concept and when I hit 1k followers will then post the remaining 7, so PLEASE get reposting on this for the next few days if you want to see the rest of the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G concepts for Ristar!"

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Where is DJ when you need him?

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Such crusty concept art pieces yet the final design was awesome. Damn I wish this series had more chances.

5. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Kinda like the first one with the purple trim. The other two are kinda rough.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Ristar on mobile is pretty unplayable without a gamepad. That's a shame, because from what I've played, it's a really good game.

7. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Feels (nopun) like it is going to take a while for him to hit the 1k mark where he said he would release the rest.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's always stupid when people do that.

9. Pengi

Pengi

I would hope that everyone who’s read this thread has followed Takoushi on Instagram.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    There's not even 1K total views in this thread, though.

11. Neo Geo MVS

Neo Geo MVS

Giga Power Pro-Gear Spec Oldbie
    The good news is that he only needs 118 more. Can't wait to see what the other 7 concepts look like!

12. I don't know, man. I don't have an Instagram account and I have no interest in creating one.

13. Pengi

Pengi

That's up to you. But it takes two minutes and would get us a step closer to seeing more Ristar and Sonic Crackers concept art.

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I do want more concept art but not enough to entertain Facebook's whims. I miss old Instagram.

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Locking concept arts between an arbitrary number of followers is pretty scummy, in my opinion.

16. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    I removed the irrelevant 4-year-old video, since it has nothing to do with the *new* concept art postings.

17. gamerz31w

gamerz31w

Banned
    Oh okay.

18. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Speaking as somebody who ended up dealing with Tony Takoushi as part of a "Sega Owners Group" in the late 80's/early 90's: Don't like the man. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Totally unsurprised that he's gatekeeping this stuff in an attempt to get more followers.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  19. Just a reminder of this to anyone who might want to follow him, he only wants 77 more followers. (Personally I'm more excited at the prospect of more Sonic Crackers content myself)