don't click here

Sonic Eclipse (S2 8-bit hack)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by pixelcat, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Sinky

Sinky

Je t'adore, mon amour Member
    Iowa
    Thieves - Former Friends (Music)
    This is gonna' be pretty rad. I'm a big fan of GG / SMS Sonic games to the point where I sometimes enjoy them more than the Mega Drive ones.

2. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    hey, seeng that this was upped again I though there was an update on the game, sadly its not. Oh well, at least I can ask... how is the project going? I really loved what I played at the hacking contest, and Sonic 8 bits games deserve so much love. This hack is absolutely amazing!

3. Dulappy

Dulappy

koronesuki Member
    Greece
    sonic
    If you manage to put those mock-ups in an 8-Bit game then you will probably create an 8-Bit Mania, but even without those it looks amazing! Keep it up!!!

4. pixelcat

pixelcat

The Holy Cat Jr. Member
    Oh sorry for taking so long to reply.

Haven't been on the forums a bunch, but I figure I should at least give an update.
    Yup, don't expect this at SHC2019. I've been busy with quite a few things, including a few game projects as well as art and layouts for a new version of Hellfire Saga that is going to be at the contest, so be sure to check that out!

With that said... I do want to get this done. SHC2020 perhaps? The thing is, even if I do one more zone, the hack is still intended to be only 4 zones long, and at that point there isn't a point at creating a 2 zone demo, you know? Besides, this project has turned into more than a hack, with art and level tools being developed for it... to never be finished due to being busy with other stuff.

I recognize people are still waiting. Thanks for your support, it means a lot.