don't click here

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Remake (Switch, PS4, PC)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You will get a port of Deluxe and you will like it.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You say that like it's a bad thing lol I'd take a Deluxe port. I used to own Deluxe back when I had a 360, it was fun.

Nah they're going to say fuck you though and remake Adventure and the Wii Balance Board one.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

I wonder who that ? could be :V

4. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Guess I was wrong!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Holy shit I was right, it was Classic Sonic after all.

Fantastic. And this will be the 1st time Classic Sonic will be playable in a 3D space since Sonic R I believe (excluding Mania's special stages).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  6. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Unless I'm reading the Twitter thread wrong, the game is a Unity port?

7. Turbohog

Turbohog

Good move to use classic Sonic. He is a better fit aesthetically than lanky Sonic would have been.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup, very much agreed.

I'm a wizard I knew what the Sanic would be

9. Jason

Jason

The previews are coming out. Evidently the Switch version doesn't have motion control at all. Also, only 10 of the 50 minigames are in. I guess a lot of them really needed the Wiimote. That said, it's unanimous the game is so much better without the motion controls. There's a demo on the Japanese eShop, but I can't be arsed to make a separate account.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You actually don't need to make a separate account, you just have to change your region (You have to do it via the myNintendo website and the console, but once you switch to JP and download it you can switch back and play it whenever). I did download this, it does feel better than using motion controls, but idk it still feels kinda weird... although that may be the booze talking I'll try again tomorrow.

Basically though it's a slightly more refined version of when I tweaked the controls for this game via the Dolphin emulator. I was able to beat the game with a standard 360 controller, although the mappings weren't exactly perfect. This is definitely better than that but not by much from what I recall, although my joycon is slightly fucked these days so that could be an issue.

11. Dang, can't switch regions with my online subscription apparently.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    For me I had to disable auto renewal and had to have a cash balance of 0. If your balance is 0 just disable auto renew and it should work

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Thanks a bunch! Nabbed the demo. These controls are pretty nice, although the L-stick is a little sensitive. I often find myself going way too fast or braking way too hard.

14. Was optimistic about this one, but man that demo was a huge turn off. Think they really could've chosen better stages because if that's the best this game has to offer, I'll pass.

15. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I believe I've found a game breaking glitch. When you lose a life and then quit the game you see the life and banana counter reset.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  17. Jason

Jason

That track is in All-Stars Racing and remixed in Transformed. What happened in the past 7 years?

Regardless, I'm sure the PC version will eventually have mods for the original music.

Also, here's Classic Sonic.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ugh Sega and music licensing issues. But hey, if this game is anything to go by it shows they're willing to change the music if necessary so... how bout that Sonic 3 (I mean Sonic 3 AIR pretty much covers everything at this point so whatever Sega we worked around you).

And Classic Sonic looks cute in the game. Shame they couldn't give him a new render though.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  20. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Probably not indicative of anything but i'm kind of happy they are using the Generations classic model and are still just calling him Sonic