don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Stooner

Stooner

Pending Member
  2. MH MD

MH MD

That's just the nature of movies promotion in general, especially now that the movie is delayed

3. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
  4. Turbohog

Turbohog

You'd have to be insane to think Tyson is working on the movie. He isn't a 3D modeler or animator as far as I know.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Doesn't need to be to design turnarounds or new concept art.

6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I'm hoping there's no new promotional material because Paramount "accidentally" destroyed all the footage and is hoping everyone forgets about it. Not likely, though.

7. Burezu

Burezu

Butt. Member
    Kyushu, JP
    linktr.ee/IHMTTY

I'm betting it's either on track, or delayed a bit more. My wife is a 3D animator, and I know that that stuff isn't just a few month turn around (unless it wasn't near finished to begin with). But I'll add this, 4 months out and no trailer doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Especially if reshoots/rework is eating into the budget for advertising/promotions. It'll show back up around holiday times, before some animated family movie. That, or they'll hold off till the new year with a whole "New Year, New Sonic" trailer that will hope to bring the fanbase back in.

It's smarter for them to keep us in the dark and guessing.

8. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Apparently they're still selling halloween costumes with the old design...

I can't recall the last time something was such a clusterfuck. We didn't have, say, merch of the original character designs for Frozen before the movie came out. That shit was locked down before they even breathed about it. The closest thing I can think of is how that pig character from Moana was all over the merch and then basically never showed up in the film, indicating some kind of retool, but I've never seen merch for a kids film use blatantly outdated assets, for its main character, for merch long before the film is set to come out. Usually this stuff gets scrapped.

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
  10. Linkabel

Linkabel

If it's true, I definitely like it more than the old design. But I'm not sure why they left the blue arms?

To me, he doesn't work with blue arms because there's nothing really breaking all the blue. Characters like Tails or Shadow get away with it because of the size or position of their chest hair or red stripes. But with Sonic his skin tummy doesn't really help.

That's why I thought the bandana/scarf he had on Boom was a clever way of making the blue arms work.

Not sure if that makes a lot of sense, but that's my only gripe with the redesign.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    It's so much better that I'm convinced it must be fake.

12. I do hope it's real.

13. Blue arms aside, it looks pretty decent, but I think it's fake.

14. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It doesn't look terribly bad. Not amazing, but not awful.

If they showed this design in the first trailer, the backlash would've been phenomenal. But since they redesigned an even shitier design, they're effectively protecting themselves from all criticism...on the redesign part anyway. You can already hear the 13 years old going "you're so ungrateful, I could've been even worse" on Reddit. This is going to be fun.

I don't think they did it on purpose like some people are claiming though; I really think they had no fucking clue. The redesign being actually kind of decent makes this whole situation even more hilarious.

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Blue arms.

Why still blue arms.

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

Well... Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver... All those have their arms the same color as the rest of their bodies.
    So it doesn't seem that much weird or out-of-place to me. If those leaks end up proved to be true, of course.

17. Xinus

Xinus

I don't understand why people don't like the blue arms so much.

to be honest this is so minor i didn't even notice until people started pointing it out.

18. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I can only guess they thought the sudden shift from blue to peach(?) at his arms would look odd, especially with how detailed Sonic is here compared to the games. Either way, I don't see it as a big deal.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  19. Associated with bad fanart, Sonic Boom and soon this awful movie so yeah blue arms don’t exactly have a great track record with this character.

20. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Why can't they just take the current SEGA Sonic model, slap on a fur/spiky texture and call it a day?