don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    This episode was so awesome! I smiled the whole time watching it!

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I don't really watch KO, so hearing him for the first time in years gave me a nostalgia rush. Even if he was the "serious" version of Robotnik in the old cartoons.

3. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Good news to those who liked the music. Mint Potion Studios posted a 10 minute mix of all the music used in the episode. Someone did ask about releasing the tracks separately, and they responded with that they'll be discussing it soon. I wish some of these were longer.
    https://soundcloud.com/mintpotion/okko-music-ep-101-lets-meet-sonic

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So just out of curiosity, were we aware of a mobile version of Sonic and All Stars Racing? I noticed someone on Facebook has a old phone with a few Gameloft games, including that title. I didn’t see it mentioned on our wiki, but it’s listed on Wikipedia. Also I think he’s going to attempt to dump the games he has on his phone, if he even knows how to. :V Forgive me if it’s been mentioned before. Also the OK KO special was awesome and I’m happy to see the music has been uploaded to SoundCloud too! :)

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    There definitely was a mobile version of ASR. I remember it not running well on whatever phone I had at the time. Character selection was really small, game felt very basic, but that isn't too surprising given the time frame. It had to have been released in the months following the console version's release.

It looks like there were separate iOS and Android versions. These look better than I remember, honestly. Here's video of the iOS one, and here's Android.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  6. Pengi

Pengi

Thanks for looking into that! The Sonic 2 cheat codes have conditioned me into thinking that every string of numbers must be a reference or Easter egg. Chaotix's cheat codes still make me wonder if there's any significance to August 17th or something.

7. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    If you take Sonic Adventure's early storyboards for Sonic's first cutscene as evidence...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...It appears that Chaos 0's original design had pupils.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It is so funny seeing Classic Sonic in those story board clips.

Ah imagine a world where they never bothered redesigning Sonic. If only.

9. Powpuck

Powpuck

The pupils somehow make him look more like a Ristar character.

[​IMG]

10. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    So at one point non-Perfect Chaos had Perfect Chaos' slit-pupil eyes?

11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    So I believe we already have a dump of Sonic Unleashed Mobile correct? What about the other Java games? Do we still need those or nope? Because when I searched for Gameloft, the Sonic Unleashed Mobile topic was the only thing I found. Because the guy I mentioned in my previous post dumped all the Java games and uploaded them to OneDrive.

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You should assume we have absolutely nothing.

13. Powpuck

Powpuck

I hold no hope those Sega Mobile/Sonic Café games still exist in any form. Surely those archaic flip phones of yore have long been trashed and/or recycled. A posted bounty for them is the best and only bet, I reckon.

14. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I still own a Panasonic VS7, but the built-in files are protected.

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I legit died of happy after watching this OK KO episode and Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling tonight!

Btw, thanks for sharing that music link as I loved everything I’ve heard! What an homage and AoSTH got most of the spotlight for sure! I’ve never heard of or watched the show before, but this could not have been any better. What a complimentary treat to Sonic Mania Advetures!

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  17. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Not quite; it's just a poorly modeled pink bikini top that points up in the middle of the breasts like it's trying to be a bunny suit for some reason. It's just getting cut off because the water isn't translucent in that shot.

[​IMG] (image hastily grabbed from a Google Images search)

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Fair enough.

And here's me thinking they'd programmed some NPCs to "do" something.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Also that'd be rather surprising that they would put nipples on a character who's facial details pretty much amount to this: :V

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I've yet to prove this is a thing, but there's a possibility of an undumped version of Sonic 1.

[​IMG]

Introducing the Mega 6. It's the Japanese version of the Mega-Tech arcade system (from 1989), holding 6 cartridges rather than 8, and not having two monitors (that I can see).

I don't think it was around long enough to receive versions of Sonic 1 and 2 like the Mega-Tech, but I didn't know this was even a thing until a few minutes ago, so yeah. Either way, that Tetris cartridge will be worth something.