don't click here

Mega Drive / Genesis Mini

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by 360, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Hukos

Hukos

Yeah, I can't recall anyone being an apologist for Golden Axe III. Like, it's playable but it feels so lazy. Doesn't help that Revenge of Death Adder was released in arcades at around the same time and is so much better.

2. Pengi

Pengi

And the answer is yes, you can switch between Puyo Puyo and Mean Bean Machine by changing the language/region: https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1138990481394655232

3. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Here's 18 Minutes of (non direct feed) Genesis Mini gameplay from E3, courtesy of GameXplain:

Looks good, though the mix of various regional boxart rather than conforming to one may trigger some folk, and the cropping option they've gone with for 16:9 is interesting.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Isn't that just due to the borders not being emulated, so the game screen goes beyond the "safe zone"?

EDIT: Yes, 16:9 mode is just a regular stretch to fill the screen, which also happens to go out of bounds.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Title screen of Tetris looks a bit different than the ROM that's online.

6. Powpuck

Powpuck

DF Reto covered among other things in this vid the MD Mini. Emulation seems fine with just a two frame latency, and the sound is reportedly authentic. More interestingly, Sega tried to get Vic Tokai games on it but were unable to. That stinks their games are owned by some holdings company, I have some genuine attachment to some of them. Copyright laws suck.

7. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Wow that's so weird they could not get Vic Tokai titles. especially when Decap Attack had been a recurring game in previous collections and AtGames consoles.

RIP Battle Mania.

8. Powpuck

Powpuck

Decap Attack is a good point, but it being an anime license in Japan probably has something to do with it, particularly with the all-regional variants policy going on with these things. Otherwise, I think DA is a Sega-owned property.

9. Hukos

Hukos

Battle Mania Dai-Gin-Jou is one of my favorite Japanese-exclusive Genesis games so that's pretty disheartening to hear.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Man, Japan really does get all the cool shit.

12. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I was just thinking, If Sega does a Mark III mini, would they basically be able to put the entire game catalogue on the damn thing, because just about every Mark III title was a first party title (apart from two, I think).

Obviously, there were third party Master System titles in the West, but not so in the East.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So who is going to buy that and scan it for Sega Retro. :v:

14. ticky

ticky

Has there been any confirmation of what's going on with the PAL version? It sounds like the NTSC-U version will be able to switch language to change to Japanese-region titles, but that doesn't really convey what the European version will ship with? I'm a PAL kid in North America so I refuse to stop calling it the Mega Drive

15. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  16. Jason

Jason

17. Powpuck

Powpuck

18. Jason

Jason

More Hyper Potions music is always welcome.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Why do they even show that ugly Virtua Fighter 2 conversion.

20. Jason

Jason

Deep dive by MLIG I'll be watching later.