don't click here

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Roller, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    [​IMG]

Here's all the Heavies together (minus Jimmy, since he's in the post above), as the project crossed 55% of its goal a little bit ago.

I'm not sure whether the lack of activity in this thread is because there isn't much to discuss until it reaches 10k or whether people are actively fed up of it, but if there's anything I can do to make it a place of community rather than me just posting various builds, I'm all ears. ^u^;;

2. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

These look so good!

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'd say it's more the former than the latter. =P

4. Roller

Roller

Thank you, Micheal!

And I appreciate the clarification, Overlord. It can be hard to keep a level-headed perspective of things sometimes, so getting a second opinion really helps recenter myself whenever things are a little slow. :v:

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    MUST HAVE.

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Wow! Those are cool!! Funny thing is that it's obvious that Heavy Magician and Heavy Rider are female :v:

7. Roller

Roller

Thank you both, Sid and XCubed!

S' interesting you would say that. Looking at it closer, I think it's the virtual head printing doing the legwork, since it's not like the bodies are representative - the two girls are mostly cut off at the bottom because that's what their sprites and promo art does, while the other two small Heavies have them mostly cut off at the top. It does a lot to change their look with a detail I barely even thought about as I was recreating it, and it speaks to great character design on the part of Mania team that those details are still evident in a game of brick telephone!

8. I thought he meant that because Rider and Magician are the only ones with blocks on their chests. :v

9. Roller

Roller

...that would probably do it too, wouldn't it. :v:

10. Creature SH

Creature SH

It like how well the hard-boiled heavies in this form fit with a sort of retro Lego aesthetic. Their look gives me a sliver of a warm, nostalgic feeling.

11. Roller

Roller

Thanks very much, Creature SH! ^u^

[​IMG]

I posted this old build from 2017 yesterday during the upgrade outage (first post on the new software!) As the embedded flavourtext suggests, it wasn't able to make it onto the LEGO Ideas site at the time due to rules which have since changed. I'm glad I got the opportunity to do the much more well-rounded Green Hill concept, but I felt it was worth showing off what could have been around the time of E3 that year...

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, that one looks pretty cool too!

13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    There should just be a set for every level.

And I'd buy all of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    I love it. I'm a sucker for things being recreated in Legos form.

15. Roller

Roller

Thanks, everyone! I "rated" your posts with thankyous using the power of New Forum Software^tm to avoid bumping the topic without anything new to add. However, in doing so, I completely neglected to post Mania Adventures' Amy Rose here!

[​IMG]

I also did an Eggrobo, since we hit 6,000 last night. Such a good and goofy robot design - plus it's compatible with the Death Egg Robo, as per its in-eggmobile appearances in S3K. :P

16. Roller

Roller

17. I love it! That Newtron is perfect!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. JustAMotobug

JustAMotobug

Eggman Robot Member
    United States
    ????
    Can't wait to see some more, because these look like they have the potential to become official. I just really enjoy how these turned out. Maybe it's because of my fascination with Minecraft stuff some years ago...

19. Roller

Roller

[​IMG]

It's been a quiet few months (well, publically - I'd been hard at work on SRB2 itself in that time...) so apologies for the bump, but it crossed 75% of the way just before Christmas so for fun I ended up doing a major redesign, bundling some Heavies into the main concept and adding an "Encore mode" themed alternate build with the rest of 'em using mostly the same parts!

I figure basically everyone here has already voted for this, but yalls at least deserve to see how it's coming along. It's got a year and a third or so left on the ticker, and has jumped up quite a bit since hitting that milestone, so I feel good about it ^u^

20. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Nice! I so desperately want someone to make a standard Heavy Gunner toy, and this will do great until then.

With only 2500 to go and a whole year and a half to get there, I'm positive you'll make it.