don't click here

Shenmue 3

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Saidian, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Izumi's QTE is a pain in the ass on a PS4 controller. That was the biggest pain point for me there.
    Greg Moore was never really an issue for me, I think the last time I played he ended up falling out of ring on his own both rounds because I dodged. Also another good example of someone you don't use throw moves on.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Useful or not... They're removing the throw moves from a fighting engine.

3. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I did say I'd post again when we got new media, so here it is. Apologies for the compression, most of these were captured from a 720p stream of the talk that Yu Suzuki gave earlier today and they had PowerPoint's UI around them. High res versions of these images are coming, but I probably won't bother to update them here.

Since I stopped posting news, here's what you need to know for context on some of these shots. As you may or may not know, gambling is illegal in mainland China. Shenmue 3 addresses this the same way that Japan handles Pachinko parlors in real life - In the arcade you will be able to buy tokens used to play the games. You can also win additional tokens by playing games. You can then exchange your tokens for prizes elsewhere. Once you have the prizes, you can sell the ones you don't need to a pawn shop for real money. An arcade and prize stuff is shown in some of these new images.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A new interview in Famitsu this week revealed that forklifts will return as one of the part time jobs you can get to earn money. Yu Suzuki also confirmed once again that the game is on schedule and will make the August 27th release date.
    [​IMG]

Stream here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/409919446?t=48m00s

4. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Well, I guess my arguments to the contrary were for nothing. Since they've been in beta since February, I assumed they'd make August but I guess they need more time to polish.

New release date: November 19, 2019

The game will be playable next week at E3, but only to members of the press who made an appointment. There aren't really any signs of new media or info dropping outside of what the press gets to see.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    This kind of situation is why I never supported any game on kickstater and probably never will.
    It's kind of sad that Senmue 3 of all games had to be dragged in this limbo of "delay after delay, then mediocre release".

idk, maybe I'm just pessimistic. But to be honest, I don't see this game living up to its name.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I think considering the amount of time we've waited for Shenmue 3. I want the team to take their time and make it as perfect as they can.

Delays are fine, because in 10 years time no-one is going be saying "I'm glad Shenmue 3 didn't get delayed to polish the game more"

Then again, delays can also be the sign of problems much deeper in scope of things (see: Mighty No 9), but I don't feel like we're heading into one of those situations.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    One delay a while before release is fine (Sonic Mania turned out great)

Several delays including one right before release? That aint a good sign. But then again, I've been called cynical before so who know ¯\_(?)_/¯

8. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Both situations are not unprecedented, and you've already provided one example. Nintendo delayed Zelda Breath of the Wild by 2 years and that turned out to win multiple GoTY awards. They've done it with other Zelda games in the past, like Twilight Princess. Uncharted 3 on PS4 was delayed by a month or two before its release, and that also won multiple GoTY awards. Final Fantasy XV also got delayed multiple times, including a short delay before release and that ended up selling very well.

Does it hurt more than usual because people paid in full for the game over 4 years ago? Yes, of course. But delays are expensive and the fact that Deep Silver is willing to give them more time means we'll be getting a better game than we would have gotten otherwise. I'm not very upset about this one given it was only bumped a few months and they're just doing improvements to the game at this point.

Edit: Aside from E3, the next Shenmue 3 media drop is expected during Paris Japan Expo, July 4th-7th. Yu Suzuki will be present for a panel about his career in the game industry up through Shenmue.

9. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Short English trailer leaked via a promo disc at WalMart:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fWtIV1VKjg
    Note this trailer has the previous release date, so we're likely getting an updated version at E3. Edit: During the PC Games Show on Monday.

Original poster was here, I just searched for YouTube uploads from the past hour to provide an embed:
    https://twitter.com/CFG_Cebman/status/1136756559143407617

The rumors about an XBOX One port are false and have been officially denied by Deep Silver. The extra buttons in the comments on the website are just cloned from their site template and commented out.

10. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  11. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    They gave them money. The additional delay shows they needed it. Epic is getting pretty aggressive flushed with cash from Fortnite, buying games rather than companies. It's annoying, sure, but it's just another launcher, not a hardware lockout.

I will say, breaking a promise for Steam versions for backers is pretty scummy on YsNet's front. Some Epic transplants have honored Steam releases iirc.

13. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    They never explicitly promised Steam anywhere, just PC. Edit: Okay, they didn't on Kickstarter but the Kickstarter survey reward selection did mention Steam.
    A few months ago I would've hated this news too, then I actually downloaded the Epic client for The Witness when it was free on there and found things not to be terrible. It's just another store, not a big deal. I found the UI and purchase experience to be fine. The only downsides I see are lack of achievements and cloud saves.

I'm more upset with Valve for not producing any real games for almost 10 years now and just feeding off of their 30% share Steam store profits to employ a bunch of people to not finish any games. They're finally starting to improve things for the first time in years, so I'm hoping Epic's scummy money will at least benefit developers - both on Steam and off. Where the game download actually comes from doesn't make a difference to me. Denuvo would piss me off more than Epic Games Store.

Edit: I thought the last 2 trailers were pretty good. Animation is looking much improved. English VO is mediocre, but between the forklift & arcade stuff in last week's trailer and the QTE's in the new trailer the gameplay looks spot on to me for a Shenmue game.

14. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    In a somewhat interesting turn of events, as if the Epic Games Store wasn't enough, there will be a physical Collectors edition which includes some rather neat stuff not included in the Kickstarter backer exclusive:

[​IMG]

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Good ol Deep Silver

16. So I'm genuinely confused as to why everyone hates the Epic Games Store. Like... is it because having a second launcher is a hassle or something? I don't get it.

This is the one part I can kinda get being annoyed about.

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Combo of a lot less features (such as "a shopping kart"), the way Tim Sweeney's going around buying exclusives to it (complain about Steam monopoly all you want, generally speaking games are free to come out on GOG etc too), and people asking what you're asking right now but in bad faith ("haaaa, gamers are mad they have to click another icon? Babies don't want to break Steam monopoly?" level discourse).

Plus in this case things like Tim Sweeney having promised they wouldn't do the purchased exclusives again only for this to happen.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Be aware that this is limited to 1,000 PC copies and 4,000 PS4 copies.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Plus the fact that it's literal spyware.