don't click here

TGC's Sonic Advance Series!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Josh, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Technically it could depend on how many routes you have to potentially need them, or arrows could be used to give you hints to alternative routes which may bring bonuses/shortcuts etc

i.e. Marble Garden Zone says "hi"

2. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I wanted to say something about that. Sonic The Hedgehog 3's level design is a lot better overall than Sonic Advance 3's level design which is why I didn't say anything.

3. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Late on the uptake, but I always found Advance 3 to be my favorite. Sure, it had its flaws, but I always found the partner mechanic to be practically time consuming with how much I experiment with it. Not to say 1 is a bad game, its great, I just find that once you beat the levels with all five characters, there's not much to do afterwards. I feel 3 had a bit more beef in that regard, but I always kind of came from the Exploration Is Great camp of CD. :)

But 2? I loved 2 when it came out. I tried replaying it a couple of years back, to realize how much I didn't love 2. The gameplay bites and the level designs are intent on killing you for the slightest mistake, and nevermind Epilepsy Base. I don't know how I handled that when I was a teen, but now the flashing background gives me migraines.

Glad to see you liked most of them, and I always look forward to your new video uploads. Keep up the great work. :)