don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is it my imagination, or is the racing speed somewhat slow in comparison to the speeds in the previous game? Something about the FOV/perspective makes the cars seem sluggish.

2. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    what was that day one patch for? I've been playing without it for a while now.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I was wondering the same thing. Maybe it had something to do with online play?

Anyways I was playing the game last night and I was having a blast online. Actually for a brief period I was ranked #1 somehow lol. But the team play thing is actually really fun. I really hope the online lasts in this game for at least a little while anyways.

Also I'm surprised how difficult some of the challenges can be in the story mode. I mean I played ASRT so I thought I'd have a good idea of what to do but somehow I was trash at any mode that wasn't Normal. Maybe I just need practice or more parts or something idk. But either way, I'm having some fun with this game, shame it doesn't have a little more content though.

For the time being anyway my favorite characters are Metal Sonic and Knuckles. I haven't played as some of the others though so maybe I'll like someone else in the end? I have absolutely no plans to play as Zavok though, like ever. If I could somehow lock that character I would just so he'd not be on the screen. I'm also surprised you can't play as an Egg Pawn. I know that they're generic but it seems weird to have a racer in the game that you can't play as. Besides the game could use more characters anyways. Maybe they could have given them designs similar to the Riders Egg Pawns to make them more unique?

[​IMG]

4. Nova

Nova

There is no way that's fucking real

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No it's not lol it's a fake but I thought it was funny. I don't think Sega would allow anything that alludes to... well that.

EDIT: This however IS a real line in the game apparently:

[​IMG]

Couldn't have said it better myself Zavok you useless twat.

6. Flare

Flare

There is a "Nothing wrong with a bit of acceleration between friends" line... which I dunno. :v:

The game is ok, graphics, music and level of customisation is nice, but I find it really fails if you are used to driving like you would in Mario Kart 8. Everything feels a bit bulkier and not as tightly controlled, even when a character has good handling.

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    In Traffic Attack, I know blue critters stay put relative to the width of the track, and yellows move steadily back and forth. What do the reds do?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It has it's own feel. It's definitely not Mario Kart but it feels very similar to the previous All-Stars racing games. This game is less of a Kart racer and more of an arcade racer so there are bound to be differences.

9. Flare

Flare

Maybe I'm just too used to kart racers haha. I've just found myself in more frustrating moments that feel less down to lack of skill and more cause my car drives like a tank.

That said, the team mechanics are lovely addition. I definitely feel closer to the other racers because of it, and feels very natural.

10. CornflakeRush

CornflakeRush

I'm glad someone else has mentioned it, the game feels far too slow in my opinion.

I really do hope Sumo adjust it at some point in the future, because I'm looking at a racing game featuring Sonic that doesn't really feel fast, even when you're using the speed characters.

Maybe they were making it easier for the kids or something but... wow, I love so much about this game - especially the banter - but the fact I feel like I'm barely moving with some characters really, REALLY detracts from it for me.

While I'm moaning, anyone think that the visuals look... off? Those shadows are hideous and there's some parts where SAASRT, a game from 2012, honestly looks better. Anyone think it'd be worth trying to crack the .sp2 files so the fans can maybe sort that out? :v:/>

... That said, I love the team mechanics though.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think a lot of the speed complaints come from the lack of effects/camera angles used in the previous games that made things seem faster. I mean idk I played online and it seemed pretty damn fast .

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Reds try to hone in toward you.

13. CornflakeRush

CornflakeRush

Maybe? I mean, it'd be nice if those effects/camera angles came back if that's the case :P

14. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Looking at the credits, No Pontac or Graff. No writing credits at all for that matter. Even Sonic Free Riders had a "scenario writer" so maybe someone can look into this. Only thing notable is Yuji Uekawa is here under "character advisor" but I think that's just for the art.

15. Speeps

Speeps

16. Vangar

Vangar

Loving the game so far, but...

Can someone explain to me how to make custom teams? Aaron Webber confirmed that you'd be able to do it (https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/06/tss-e3-2018-interview-with-aaron-webber/) , but I can't seem to do it as 1 player. The only way I get the option is with more than 1 player, where they can pick a character from another team but still be on the same team as the others...

Maybe they dropped the option which is a big let down, because they have the screen for it, and the custom dialog, just that it got forgotten or something. Hope this gets fixed in a patch.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ^ Wait where's the dialogue/screens for selecting your own team? If that is in the game and they dropped it that's weird and I hope they put that option back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlv8XK484K8

I had no idea this was here but apparently Wisp Circuit has a bunch of little 16 bit Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles sprites lying around in obscure little places. Cute touch.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Iizuka as the cashier was easily the best part of that trailer. Rest was a bit cringe, but eh it sorta fits the vibe of 90s-era SoA adverts.

19. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Sumo Digital are going to be at this event in the Metronome, Nottingham on June 18th talking about Team Sonic Racing. https://www.facebook.com/events/2405135693041995/
    Will mostly likely have a Q&A, went to these shows in the past and it's kinda of like a live chat show for game developers. Should be neat.

20. Yuzu

Yuzu

Looks like the "A Friend In Speed Is A Friend Indeed" achievement is bugged on PC. Neither me or a friend can get it to unlock despite us beating the other's times.

Would like to know if anyone has been able to get it to unlock, as my friend is pretty close to getting every achievement.