don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Prototype

Prototype

So, I followed advice on how to update the game to remove-o Denuvo. Now Sonic Mania won't even load for me. Steam will say it's loading or whatever, and then...nothing. Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. MartiusR

MartiusR

Yup, it happened to me as well:

1.If you have highlighted on blue title of the game with constant 0% of downloading, then go into download section and click on the arrow next to Sonic Mania, to put it as "top priority" download. Then just wait until it's finished.

2.If not, then try to close process first (ctr+alt+del), if your Mania is already updated, completely shut down steam application and launch it again (important, if there are any steam updates, let them being installed first). Then you should be able to launch Mania.

3. Prototype

Prototype

I'd completely downloaded the community beta thing before I went to run it. Mania was updated and literally stopped working, no matter what I do. I've restarted Steam, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Sonic Mania. Nothing I do works. I try to run the game, and it says "launching" but then nothing happens. Not even an error message.

EDIT: I had to completely remove all Sonic Mania stuff in my Steam folders to get it to run again. Bye bye save files! Hello fresh Ray playthrough! (Ray-through?)

4. I've tried playing the game using my laptop connected to an HDTV via HDMI, and funny enough, it couldn't play the game at the full resolution. It would always have a smaller screen placed in the center of the television. I'm kind of curious if the new update removing Denuvo will let the game run fullscreen now.

5. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Your laptop's screen resolution is likely smaller than the 1080p resolution of the TV, so you'll either have to setup your laptop to display a 1080p resolution for the second "monitor", or use the TV's own settings to zoom in on the laptop's output. (Both are viable.) Because 2D games tend to not be very demanding, I have my laptop display 1920x1080 on the TV, and turn off the laptop's own screen while I have it hooked up to the TV. (And of course, turning the laptop screen back on before shutting it down. :v: ) Turning off the laptop's screen, so the TV is the exclusive display, improves the frame-rate for certain games.

This reminds me, I want to play Mania on the TV soon myself. :specialed:

6. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Figured I'd ask this since I'm not sure. I still have the community beta version, which has Denuvo removed, but has the actual game been updated to remove it completely or do I still need to run the community beta?

7. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    A look at the filesize shows they have also removed denuvo from the release version, so you are free to move to that although I think they're currently the same

8. Axanery

Axanery

They're both the same build, that depot was pushed

9. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    So that means that Mania officially has Denuvo removed?

10. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Yes, indeed, it does.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Well wow! When and why did that happen? Not that I'm complaining!

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    March 12, 2019. It first appeared as a public beta branch on the 8th.

13. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    For all 2 of you on here that has PsPlus and doesn't own Sonic Mania. The game has been confirmed for one of June's free titles. Also announced is Borderlands : The Handsome Collection.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/05/ps_plus_june_2019_ps4_games_announced#comments

14. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Such a bonkers move. I only know a small bit about the game approval process, but wouldn't it cost them MORE money to make these new Non-Plus physical Sonic Manias (as that would involve a lot package changing, reauthoring a new disc copy without the DLC (I wish i knew the actual industry terms), different barcodes, etc...) than it would to simply reprint Mania Plus copies?

Just a way to squeeze more money out of Mania, hoping people will buy this cheap edition, then get the DLC? It's all a bit beyond me...

The real question is: Can I convince myself to buy yet another physical copy of Sonic Mania now this one's slightly different (let's not pretend the answer isn't yes..)

16. It's not out of the question if they are trying to make more money off of Mania

17. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    We kept asking for more Mania, and they gave us more Mania.
    This is some monkey pawn shit right there :V

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd say it was about time this game had a physical non-collectors' edition. Can't see anything wrong with it, as long as it's cheaper than Plus.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It is, it's $20 instead of $30. But who the hell is this for? Mania's been out for 2 years now and they're still milking it. Like yes, it was great, why not just get Christian Whitehead and friends to make a sequel if you want to shower us with more Mania. Everyone who has wanted the game has more likely than not already bought it, and for those that wanted a physical release that's what Mania Plus was for.

This is just kinda dumb.

20. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I assume this new physical release (whilst not featuring the Mighty, Ray & Encore mode dlc) will include the patch the original version of Mania received which added the missing cutscenes, new menus & other features etc?