don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    From now on classic and modern are to be known as The Fat Mouse and The Detestable Green Eyed Demon respectively

2. I'm sorry, what??

You came up with a designation that no one else recognizes but you. I simply told you the name that SEGA and the vast majority of people use. You very obviously will confuse people by your choice of the name "adventure sonic" when the clearly already references something everyone is already very familiar with. In general it doesnt matter what you call Sonic, I certainly do not care, but you did not bother explain what you meant and used a name that the overwhelming majority of people associate with something else.

On top of that you started talking about some random shit that has nothing to do with the conversation. My thoughts about the adventure games and expectations about the adventure games, meaningless adventure definitions....for crying out loud these have nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. Do you not understand that NO ONE cares how you are defining these things? You can define Sonic however you want!!! Hey, you can even call him Adventure Sonic for now on, just like you've always dreamed! But if you are going to do that and you know people aren't going to understand what you mean because the thing you're referencing is most often referred to by another name....just be clear about it first. Its not that important in general, it's just misleading when the conversation is about looking towards the next game in the franchise and everybody knows that the style and design across the series has had many variations and names commonly associated with those. It doesnt matter if the names are appropriate or not, that's not the point. Just be clear about what you're talking about.

This has gotten way OT so this will be my last reply to this.

3. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Adventure Sonic it is then.

I actually like that with Classic being "Ohshima Sonic" but I've been told nobody cares so I'll stick to Adventure Sonic. Someone needs to make a meme out of that with Oshima, Uekawa, and the movie version.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The Stubborn is strong with this one.

No-one has said you're wrong per se, just that you're gonna mislead people. Which you seem fine with so case closed I guess.

5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Sorry, but...

...didn't Uekawa-san's Sonic debut in Sonic R?

Now, one line of dialogue that must never come to fruition: "I'm Modern, but you can call me Sonic!". Truth be told, the name "Modern Sonic" doesn't sound bad, but ultimately sucks because it was born of frustration about "modern Sonic games being not as good as the classic Sonic games" – but that's another story.

6. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Damn, you're right. Uekawa-san was the "Character designer".
    http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_R
    I guess that makes Adventure Sonic his second chance at redesigning Sonic for 3d.

Yeah, stubborn and thick skinned though wouldn't it be ironic if that mainline Sonic game that's in development decided to continue the trend with Sonic Forces and try to do something kind of Adventure-ish.

7. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    How about call "Adventure-era Sonic" Late 90s ['98]/Early 2000s ['01] Sonic?

That will be both more accurate, and we'll know what era we're talking about.

But people are going off topic again on here

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Yea let's all mourn the personal lives of the VFX team that will be chained to their desks for next 7 months instead.

9. Heisei era Sonic and Reiwa era Sonic

10. A better way to categorise it:

Good Sonic & Shit Sonic

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sheesh, can't you guys just call him his official internal name, Generic Sonic? :v:

12. netscapenow

netscapenow

Obviously we should call Classic and Modern "Diddy Sonic" and "Lanky Sonic" respectively.

13. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Dom Sonic and Sub Sonic

14. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    "Lanky Sonic" is Sonic 06 Sonic

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I like to think the gems you buy in Sonic 06 turns him into a different member of the DK Crew each time.

16. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Featuring the newest members of the DK Crew: Glitchy Kong, Broken Kong, and Useless Kong

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What is this conversation anymore? Like it or not it's modern Sonic and classic Sonic. That's it. And Adventure Sonic is modern Sonic. You can call it otherwise but it wont change the fact.

The only other term is "generic Sonic" as told in Generations' code :v:

EDIT: ok there's also Boom Sonic, classic cartoon Sonic like SATAM, and in this case movie Sonic. Those are the 5.

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    This conversation isn't what you think it is, that's for sure :v:

At least, it wasn't. Maybe it is then? It's all gotten very out of hand.

19. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Conversations get derailed evolve over time. What was merely me calling Adventure Not Classic Sonic by a better name than the one given by Sega has turned into a way to forget about the abortion of filth and hellfire that will be the Sonic movie. Yes I read Goethe's Faust.

@Dark Sonic
    You forgot Sanic who was more or less canonized in Sonic Forces (making it a five star adventure game, the adventure facebook page said so)....My FUCKING GOD! Sanic is canon!

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Let's not forget Dynamic Sonic, Exciting Sonic, and Stylish Sonic