don't click here

Some supposedly unreleased Sonic 2 music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RyogaMasaki, May 2, 2019.

1. So Kenneth Chao is the teacher in question?

2. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    Kenneth Chao is definitely a SEGA employee. His duties were within Sega of America and the SMPS documents for the Sega Pico prove his existence as an employee at said company.

3. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    The guy replied some more to my tweet, seems Mr. Chao made another track.

https://twitter.com/KSlackie/status/1124165275031465984

Can't wait till Monday to see if this man will talk to me some more.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    http://youtu.be/r3FLN0iQ9SQ?t=67

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I feel like as a community, we've matured past the point of hoaxes in bad taste. So I have high hopes this is real.

7. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I'd say less "falling for" and more "Let's explore the possibility and see where it goes until proven otherwise". No reason not to take it at face value at this early stage but we'll see what happens.
    Then again, I was one of the people that had high hopes for the Smash Bros Grinch leak so I might not be the best judge here :v:

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I don't!

But signs are this is the real deal. I've tried to mobilise the Sonic Retro adults to see if we can get some results, but they don't log in much these days so who knows. See what happens on Monday.

One point to note though - this clearly says "GEMS module test program" and Sonic 2 (the game) doesn't use GEMS. So be prepared for it to have nothing to do with Sonic 2's development at all.

9. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Wait, did Twitter - as in, Twitter, of all things comment on this? Is that a common thing? I feel maybe there's a bit more pressure for this to be credible now.

10. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    EDIT: [Snip]

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Posting a way to contact old SEGA developers in a public forum is never a good idea.

12. Asagoth

Asagoth

Portugal
    Well the idea was ... this is Kenneth... and that's a page about a company with some details introduced by him... what others may do after that I can't really say ... I can just say that I will not contact him... also my English sucks so badly I would't even know what to ask ...

13. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Very interesting! The style of that track sort of reminds me of the 2P zone music. Hopefully we can secure a ROM of that Gems module test program. In that screenshot above it looks like it's running on an actual SEGA Genesis rather than an emulator based on the composite colour bleeding.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Nothing good. That's why we don't do that.

Actual researchers and anybody really interested in something more than easy "likes" can use Google too, so there's no point to posting direct links here, anyway.

15. Asagoth

Asagoth

Portugal
    Ok ... you're right... I will not do it again...

16. Super Egg

Super Egg

Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    It's a good thing I'm actually interested then. I saw this tweet and immediately introduced myself. Stuff like this is the only reason I stay in the godforsaken community, and I legitimately have some questions to ask this guy if he's willing to sit down and talk with me.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Nothing like flooding him with requests that will likely stray him away from answering any questions.

How about we all just let one or two people do the talking? Not everyone needs to be a hero.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  19. Super Egg

Super Egg

Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    Seeing as I have been asking questions through the tweets and getting responses to begin with, I don't personally give a fuck what y'all do. I am doing independent research. Not trying to be a "hero",but I'm already here.

20. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    y i k e s.

If Frank C is involved, no one else needs to bug the guy.